Pets you never had as a kid...................

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
OK, The Granddaughter comes over for a few days during spring vacation.

Shows up with her new pet.

Now as a kid growing up on Puget Sound and living on a creek, I had a few strange pets to say the least.

Now we live in the desert of eastern Washington. It never crossed my mind to have one of these critters for a pet no matter where I lived.

6baedb30_Taraspet.jpg

For those of you living inland from the salt-chuck, that is a hermit crab!

The shell is painted to dress up its house.

I am at a loss for words at this point. Enjoy your day.     
words.gif

Last edited:
LOL... they sell those at the mall kiosks now. My kids keep bugging me for one. I never  had a hermit crab, but we used to go catch crawfish (for eating), and would usually play with a few before we boiled the lot of them.

Hey, it could be worse.  At least it doesn't chew your slippers or leave surprises on the carpet or howl at the stroke of midnite and whine when the fire engines go racing by (we live close to one of the primary routes).  Count your blessings.  Starting with your lovely granddaughter.  We only have a grandson and he starts this fall as a Freshman at Wazzu. 
yahoo.gif
(That'll leave the flatlanders guessing
biggrin.gif
).

DaveO - so you're really a westsider, huh?  Every spring, my mom got to watch my jars of frog eggs hatch into tadpoles in her kitchen window! Not counting all other critter eggs and cocoons and such I made my kids watch grow.  Hey NWD, wazzu? hmm.   We're in Arcata, CA right now, on spring break,  my son's going to Humboldt this fall! Went tide-pooling down 101.   Could not talk him into Western.   We had 2 malamute-samoyeds - they could really sing with the sirens, but then they'd talk all the rest of the time - a-wooo-woo-roooo-woo.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky