Petite Grilling Sirloins on the “Q”

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Okay, Bear. I saw Petite Sirloins on sale at Winco yesterday. $3.88/lb for Choice grade family packs of 2.5 to 3 lbs each. Didn't see a lot of marbling, but there was a little. I grabbed a package.

Read up on them today, and realized they can be a tough cut. I threw together a fajita and lime juice marinade, adding some Accent meat tenderizer. Hit them with the Jaccard, then marinaded them for about three hours. Grilled some onions, then threw the 5 steaks over direct heat for two minutes a side (rare). Sliced thin and ate with the grilled onions, salsa, and a bit of sour cream, all wrapped in a flour tortilla.

Was absolutely melt-in-your-mouth tender, but forgot to take pics. Will do so tomorrow. Here is the only one I have now.

20200113_125432.jpg

Okay, Bear. I saw Petite Sirloins on sale at Winco yesterday. $3.88/lb for Choice grade family packs of 2.5 to 3 lbs each. Didn't see a lot of marbling, but there was a little. I grabbed a package.

Read up on them today, and realized they can be a tough cut. I threw together a fajita and lime juice marinade, adding some Accent meat tenderizer. Hit them with the Jaccard, then marinaded them for about three hours. Grilled some onions, then threw the 5 steaks over direct heat for two minutes a side (rare). Sliced thin and ate with the grilled onions, salsa, and a bit of sour cream, all wrapped in a flour tortilla.

Was absolutely melt-in-your-mouth tender, but forgot to take pics. Will do so tomorrow. Here is the only one I have now.

Sounds Great, Ray!!
Can't beat the price!!

Bear

Reheated leftowers in the MW and fixed like we did last night. Probably the most tender steak I've eaten in a while. Reminded me of a fillet. Was a bit light on beef flavor for my taste, but the tenderness made up for it. BTW, went back today and picked up two more 2.7 lb packages for the freezer.

Tonight's dinner. Guess which side is my wife's and which side is mine.
20200115_182657.jpg

All ready to eat.
20200115_183606.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bearcarver
Thanks, Bear. Your thread has been floating in my brain case for a while and finally took root. My Winco always has a refrigerated meat case filled with one to three sale meats facing you as you walk in the only front door. I saw Petite Sirloins and BANG! Time to act on Bear's thread. :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky