Pepper Mesh

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kk7mf

Original poster
Nov 6, 2009
Omak wa.
Hi all
This is my first posting , was wondering what mesh of pepper i should use foe my rubs and marinades.
the site is http://www.thespicehouse.com/spices/...ck-tellicherry to many to pick from.

****-KK7MF
icon_rolleyes.gif

I generally get the regular restaurant grind or cracked peppercorns

Buy whole peppercorns in bulk, they last a long time. Get yourself a small coffee grinder and grind to your particular likeness / recipe. I like finer gring in my rubs and a coarse gring for steaks, shrooms, kabobs and most other grilled food.

I am a big fan of the Spice House. They have a great product and customer service. I buy whole Tellicherry Peppercorns and grind them as needed. This is what I use to grind with.
06-2905-180.jpg

The old mortar and pestile. This way you can get the exact type of coarseness you desire. I still use a standard pepper grinder when I want to add cbp to a salad or my potatoes with my dinner but when I need to grind a couple of tablespoons for rub or sauce I get the mortar and pestile out. It also has many other uses such as nuts, herbs and even medicine tablets. I bought this one about 2 months ago and have been surprised at how much I use it.
Plus it's not another electric appliance like a coffee grinder i need to find counterspace for.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky