1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pepper Crusted Babyback Ribs

Discussion in 'Pork' started by normonster, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Hi All!

I am a sauce fanatic! I admit it. Finding red peppers around here is not an easy challenge, but I was lucky enough to have a coworker donate some fresh from the garden. I had my way with those and made the sauce below....but what was to become of the leftover pepper mash?

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Here is the leftover pepper mash. It is a beautiful thing.

6.JPG

I just couldn't throw it out so I decided to dry it for a few days and then use it as a rub. I'm glad I did because I have a new recipe!!

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

That bark was so tasty. Perfectly crisp and not too hot. The oak added just the right smoke flavor. I was very pleased!

Thank you for looking!

2. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I could go for some of those ribs.
    Looks really good to me.

JC in GB likes this.
  3. jaxgatorz

jaxgatorz Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks damn good from here !!

phrogs4ever likes this.
  4. Holly2015

Holly2015 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

If you have a dehydrator line the tray with cheese cloth spread the mash over it then dry.

I use this method then grind the dried peppers into powder in the Ninja bullet.

5. JC in GB

JC in GB Meat Mopper

SPICY!!!!

6. Pass the ribs please.Wow...like the look and bet it was good.

JC in GB likes this.
  7. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Man o man those ribs look good!
    Nice work!
    Al

JC in GB likes this.
  8. tag0401

tag0401 Meat Mopper

Looks tasty.

9. Thank you @chilerelleno, @jaxgatorz, @Holly2015, @JC in GB, @kit s, @SmokinAl and @tag0401!

I’m going to do that one again for sure, but first I guess I’ll have to grow my own peppers.

I forgot to mention, this was the first time I’ve done ribs straight from the freezer. Getting the rub to stick was a challenge. I thought for sure it would all fall off in the wrap, but I was careful, and it actually adhered pretty well. I’ll still opt for thawed though, whenever possible.

JC in GB likes this.
  10. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

All looks Mighty Tasty, Norm!!
    Heckuva Job!!
    Like.

Bear

11. bill ace 350

bill ace 350 Smoking Fanatic

Oh man those look good!

12. gmc2003

gmc2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I'd like to try a sample of those ribs. Great Job.

Point for sure
    Chris

13. That looks interesting, and very tasty. Thanks for posting, that’s very inventive!