Pennsylvania 2019 Gathering September 27th - 29th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well tomorrow will be 6 months and the fun begins. Are you practicing on what you will be cooking or doing for our enjoyment? Sunny is faking us out on being a rookie you see the post she just did.

Warren

Ha! I'm not a rookie cook; just a newbie to smoking... and honestly, what I've been doing all these years with pork butts was really smoking; I just knew it as "indirect grilling." I do a pork butt probably 10+ times a year, and I try to save it, but it generally gets shared, since you can't get the really slow-cooked pulled pork around these parts (at least, not the way I like them!)

I'll be happy to bring a pork butt to the gathering, though! I was also saying, last night in fact, that we should bring a bunch of lamb "lollipop racks" as I call them (like @WaterinHoleBrew posted about this past weekend) and some of you guys who have a lot more broad experience with things *other* than shoulders can show me how it's done!

Reactions: HalfSmoked
Well tomorrow will be 6 months and the fun begins. Are you practicing on what you will be cooking or doing for our enjoyment? Sunny is faking us out on being a rookie you see the post she just did.

Warren
Sunny and Peachey thanks for the like it is appreciated.

Gator240 Thanks for the like Denny it is appreciated.

Heading to NC gathering next month will see Joe there.

Warren

Wow it's coming only 5 more months.
A list of possible attendees. If I missed you or you haven't let us know that you are coming please do so.
pc farmer. boykjo, hardcookin. smokin peachey, GATOR240, HalfSmoked, Lance, IH and Sunny DC.

This time 5 months from now we will be packing for the trip.
Food line up coming later.

Warren

Last edited:
Adam says we need to do something doing the day while waiting on the smoker. I thought just bs'ing and heckling the pit master was fun. But Adam may have his own smoker this year and he wants to dodge that part :emoji_wink: no chance if you are the pit master. :emoji_laughing: No offence Sunny DC but the ladies all went shopping it was kind of quiet.

Any suggestions will be accepted.

Warren

Wow, this will literally be almost in my backyard! I will hopefully be able to make it out, probably with some smoked cheeses and meat sticks, possibly some venison ones if I have any left over by then!

Would be glad to have you. Its a great time and a lot of fun. If you plan to come will be glad to add you to the list GentlemanJerk.

Warren

Reactions: GentlemanJerk
No offence Sunny DC but the ladies all went shopping it was kind of quiet.

Any suggestions will be accepted.

Warren

I'm not sure what the specific laws are like in PA (I imagine it would depend on how much space we'll have), but if anyone else is up for it, how about an Airsoft challenge? That's a lot more my speed than "shopping with the ladies." ;)

Old man here what's airsoft?

Warren

They're like bb guns -- only they shoot plastic pellets, and they're a lot more accurate and realistic to fire than your good old Daisy rifles! They're legal (federally and in every state), and most jurisdictions classify them as "toys," though some places are more stringent on their appearance/markings (they look VERY much like real guns). In MD, they have to have blaze orange tips, and in CA, the entire trigger guard has to be orange with a couple of orange stripes for good measure.

At any rate, they're no more dangerous than paintball guns, less so than old steel bb/pellet guns, and a heck of a lot more fun because they're so accurate you can actually play scoring games on targets. :)

I'm not sure what the specific laws are like in PA (I imagine it would depend on how much space we'll have), but if anyone else is up for it, how about an Airsoft challenge? That's a lot more my speed than "shopping with the ladies." ;)

Airsoft are legal in PA. I have one lurking somewhere in my basement. . .

Reactions: SunnyDC
Ok guys for those of you who know Joe from NC I will be seeing him next weekend at the NC gathering any messages for him?

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky