Pennsylvania 2019 Gathering September 27th - 29th

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Ok, so total newbie here, but maybe I won't be too embarrassing by September! This isn't so far from the DC area... are there places to camp nearby? I'm never happier than when I'm in a tent! :)

SunnyDC Thanks for the like it is greatly appreciated.

This is held at PC Farmers place there is plenty of room. This is the 3rd year and we hope it will grow. We have a lot of fun and a great place for some one to learn and ask questions. Look back at the 2 previous ones and see the photos. They are in the listing under events.

Warren

Reactions: flatbroke
Wow, I just spent entirely too much time reading the 2018 thread and looking at the pictures of all that beautiful meat... but honestly, you had me at smoked tomatoes (!?!?!)

I have alerted my other half and asked him to put these dates on our calendar. We're about 3 1/2 hours from State College, and that looks pretty close, right? Unless supernaturally prevented, we are planning to road trip over and join you folks! I'm looking forward to seeing how the pro's roll! :)

Wow, I just spent entirely too much time reading the 2018 thread and looking at the pictures of all that beautiful meat... but honestly, you had me at smoked tomatoes (!?!?!)

I have alerted my other half and asked him to put these dates on our calendar. We're about 3 1/2 hours from State College, and that looks pretty close, right? Unless supernaturally prevented, we are planning to road trip over and join you folks! I'm looking forward to seeing how the pro's roll! :)

That's great. I am about 20 mins from State College. Port Matilda area

Reactions: SunnyDC
SunnyDC I'm Warren that talked with you about kayaking a little while back and I live on the Eastern Shore of Md. about 4 1/2 hr. ride for me but I won't miss it. Look at the 2017 posting too more great pictures.

Warren

"I'm looking forward to seeing how the pro's roll! :)" - You're definitely not talking about me!

Hi Warren, I spied you in the pics, yep!! I particularly enjoyed the one from 2017 where you appear to be holding a bottle of something that I think is the most important accompaniment for any bbq (hint: not beer!)

I will be happy to meet you (and everyone here). Since I have just plowed through and read about half of all the articles and posts on this site in the past couple of weeks (slow days at the office are for homework, you know) I am already starting to feel like I know you guys!

That's great you had me rereading the 2018 thread to see what you meant by smoked tomatoes and I found it. Denny made tomato pie. It was awesome we also make them at home.

Warren

Being me I always look well ahead and this is no different. First we are getting down to the 7 months and waiting time line. If you are like me early planning is my game so not sure who's coming and what their plans are so--
Harbor Inn Motel in Philipsburg Pa
Best Travel Inn Motel in Philipsburg Pa
Booking phone # for both motels is 888-263-4418
Looking at the internet rooms were $58.00 plus tax.

Maybe we could get some kind of group rate if we knew how many rooms we would need.

Philipsburg is about 8 to 10 miles west of PC Farmers place.

There is also Nittany Budget Motel in State College.
Which is about 20 miles from PC Farmers place.

Room for campers and tents at PC Farmers place.

Be here sooner then you think. I will again try to keep up with posting information as we receive it.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky