pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kernbigo

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 9, 2007
so. beloit il.
A while back i got some pellets form a co. called absolute, the web site was absolutecookingpellets.com it appears down or something else, may be out of business, don't know.But they were great pellets 50% oak and 50% hickory, burned good. I just tried trager  in my a-maze-n smoker , they go out after about 5 min. any help would be great. 

There are several threads on pellets on this site -lots of discussions on different makes.

I have never tried "absolute".  There are a bunch of pellet vendors who just buy form one of the big guys and put their own package wrapper on.

I use Lumberjack - they make their own pellets and they work well for me.  The key I have found using the a-maze-n smoker is to make sure I really get the pellets lit and going good before I put it in my smoker.  Some air flow to keep the pellets burning is critical.  I tried several locations in my smoker till I found the best spot.

I had recurring problems keeping pellets lit in the a-maez-n smoker, so I switched to the a-maze-n tube which seems to do better with low air flow situations.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky