Pellet vs. Electric

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm personally not skilled enough to do all my food on a single cooker, so I use an electric smoker, pellet grill, SRG, and a gas grill. However, if I had to decide between the pellet cooker and an electric smoker, I would choose the pellet unit. The only thing I use the electric smoker these days is cheese, fish, and jerky, but the pellet cooker is used for hotter cooks like ribs, brisket, tri-tip, etc.

On an aside, I always use the SRG for pork butt because the cook goes so fast and produces outstanding pork (I can squish the pork between my fingers when pulling). I also have never had better baked potatoes than those done on the SRG.

But they are a GRILL not really a SMOKER.

This seems to be true for the majority of pellet smokers out there, but there are some cases where pellet poopers are actual smokers. Mine uses the pellet "grill" for the heat and smoke and has separate hot and cold smoke chambers; in other words a "true" smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky