Pellet Smoke 1.5kg (3.3 lbs) of Pork Butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

UnVegan

Original poster
Oct 30, 2019
Hi all,

I'm new to smoking and have a 1.5kg (3.3lb) Pork Butt that I'd like to throw in my Traeger Pellet Smoker. I'm planning on following a friends tried and true recipe for pulled pork of allowing it to air dry uncovered in the fridge overnight, coat it in the morning with a seasoning mix of 1/3 salt and 1/3 pepper, and then smoke with a water bath at 275F until ITT reaches 203F. He usually does 9lb cuts and they take about 8 hours. I'm unsure what to expect with a smaller cut of meat though - any ideas how long a 1.5kg (3.3lb) butt will take? Any advice from the hive mind would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0698.JPG
    IMG_0698.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0697.JPG
    IMG_0697.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 10
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky