Pellet auger guard

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just looked at my SG24. The screws on mine screw directly into the hopper. No nuts, otherwise I'd help ya out. 2 screws go at an angle into the top of ramp, and the other 2 go straight in the side toward the cook chamber. There would be no way to get at the other side of the screws the way mine is made.

I just looked at my SG24. The screws on mine screw directly into the hopper. No nuts, otherwise I'd help ya out. 2 screws go at an angle into the top of ramp, and the other 2 go straight in the side toward the cook chamber. There would be no way to get at the other side of the screws the way mine is made.
DougE, Thanks for the reply. Mine has two Philips screws in front of the guard, no problem with them. Two small nuts on the smoker side , on screws. They should come off from inside the hopper if I can get a small wrench to fit.

Reactions: DougE
I don't blame you for wanting it gone. I took mine out awhile back. It's much easier to swish the pellets around when they don't slide down on their own, and much easier to empty the hopper completely, if the need arises.

DougE, Thanks for the reply. Mine has two Philips screws in front of the guard, no problem with them. Two small nuts on the smoker side , on screws. They should come off from inside the hopper if I can get a small wrench to fit.
So still similar to mine, but you have a couple studs with nuts on them sticking into the hopper from the cook chamber side, and mine has 4 phillips screws holding it in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky