Pecan Wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hello everyone, just found out that Wal-Mart clearanced out their pecan wood and it looks like they will not be restocking. Not sure if every Wal-Mart is or if it just my local.

Reactions: kmmamm
Hello everyone, just found out that Wal-Mart clearanced out their pecan wood and it looks like they will not be restocking. Not sure if every Wal-Mart is or if it just my local.
It's Local..

I'm from Woodstock Illinois but have been in SE Georgia for the last 6+ years...........

The people down here smoke with Pecan all the time....They would not be happy without that wood for the smoke..

This area has groves upon groves of pecan trees as it is a crop down here...

I can get pecan dirt cheap....Like free.....Just ask a grove owner if you can get some.....

I have found it at the above mentioned places as well as Bass Pro a couple years ago. My brother use to bring me a bunch of it from Texas but that stopped and now I shop for it as well on occasion. My go to mixture is pecan and oak.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky