Peanut butter and pickle, WHAT????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
That's right here's the latest cook. Peanut butter and pickle sticks. We always have powdered peanut butter in the pantry. We put it in milkshakes, on ice cream into smoothies, and we do mix it up for peanut butter and toast. Growing up i liked peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. Sense I've been marinating chicken in pickle juice, I thought i'd give peanut butter a try as a seasoning. Kinda thinking along the lines of Thai peanut sauce, so thought it would be fine on chicken. Guess what it is. It was a bit tricky applying the powdered peanut butter. My first attempt did not go super good. The problem being that powdered peanut butter cakes up and becomes peanut butter when you add moisture. My first attempt to roll the legs in the powdered peanut butter ended up with either large amounts stuck to the leg or none, and a wet mess of goo in the dish that I was using. Second attempt I put the powdered peanut butter in a fine strainer and sifted it onto the legs. This worked great. For half the batch I only seasoned with the powdered peanut butter. The other half I seasoned with chipotle, garlic and black pepper. Both batches came out really good. I would have liked more peanut butter flavor so next time I will do a heavier application.

Forgot the after photo, but here is the after seasoning photo.

49378645863_2c2c0e337d_c.jpg"

I like peanut butter, but never thought about it on chicken as a rub. Ummmmm.

I wonder if going the shake-n-bake route would work for covering the chicken with peanut butter dust.

Chris

I like peanut butter, but never thought about it on chicken as a rub. Ummmmm.

I wonder if going the shake-n-bake route would work for covering the chicken with peanut butter dust.

Chris

I thought about that, but it clumps up worse than flour. I do plan on trying it though next time I fry the chicken. My thinking is that mixing the PBP with the flour will help with the clumping. We will see.

That sounds like it would be really good. I still do occasionally have a PB and Al's garlic dill pickle sandwich.

Sounds interesting, would have to try it once at least. I like your drumstick rack. We also like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches but always add lettuce...really adds a nice crunch and texture

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky