Pasta grilled cheese, pict light

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
Not sure whdre else to put this, so this seemed this best that I could figure.

Awhile ago wife and I were watching Diners, Driveins and Divers, one place Guy went was a grilled cheese place. In this place they had a grilled cheese filled with pasta. As a kid that used to make pasta sandwiches (buttered bread piled high w pasta and sauce) whenever we had pasta for dinner, this hit home for me and we said need to mKe that at some point.

So chatting with the wife this morn about dinner and she suggested the pasta grilled cheese. I said great, lets up it a bit by adding meatballs.

Off to the store to get stuff to make this dinner. Ill skip the details abiut making the sauce and meatballs, but basic basil sauce and about 5lbs of pork and beef meatballs.

Back to dinner, I cooked up the pasta as directed, while the pasta is cooking I sliced up a loaf of italian bread and buttered one side of each slice. After the butter came some added gsrlic powder.

Pasta is done and drained. Tossed in a bit of sauce to keep the pasta from clumping up. Laid a slice of bread into a heated pan, down goes 2 slices of mozz cheese, healthy dose of pasta, couple halved meatballs and more mozz.

Sautteed it up as if making a grill cheese sandwich. Cup of sauce on the side for dipping (not in the pict) and dinner is on There is a bit of fine tuning to the technique in cooking/assembling to this but overall, it was a hit.

20200711_181204.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky