Parrilla and smoker 2 in 1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ahumadora

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Argentina
We have been working on a design for a parrilla and smoker all in one. 

My work partner needed to make something quick for his daughters graduation so he built this over the last week using scrap from around the shop and an old compressor tank that had been laying around for 20 years.

made the parrilla in 2 bits and screws together.

Here you can see the toldo to raie/lower the parrilla

Diverter flap to block smoke from going into the cook chamber when used as a parrilla.

the toldo (not sure the name in English) for raising the parrilla

He has the firebox bolting on as it needs to be carried up a flight of stairs.   

The firebox has its own chimney when used as a parrilla for burning the wood to make coals

We fired it up this after and I showed them how to cook some ribs. I had to go before they were ready though :(  Still need to evaluate the temps as we were using the worlds crappiest temp guages (made in Argentina).     When not used as a smoker we can place firebricks on the reverse flow plate and use as a regular parrilla.  I am getting some  125 gallon tanks in soon so will make a comercial version of this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky