Paint & Pork Fest

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

raptor700

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 20, 2010
Crestview, Florida
I'm headed to Marianna to compete in the paint&pork fest.

If anyone is gonna be in the area,stop by and check us out.

Just look for Poverty Hill Smokers

I will Let you know how i do! 
grilling_smilie.gif

If the brisket is as good as the one at the gathering you will do great.

We had a great time,I had some issues with my brisket and ribs,and didn't place well.

But we did get 8th chicken, 5th in pork, and 10th overall.

Thanks to all my friends here at SMF, I could'nt put out some good Q without your help.

61e66e7a_100_0639.jpg

My daughter, hard at work!

b6e580c4_100_0637.jpg

Had some of boykjo's "Super Secret" kelbasa for a snack. Thanks Joe, you think i could get the recipe? lol

43b2231d_100_0648.jpg

A few more for the trophy case

d12f4892_100_0652.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work sir,

Did you all get any rain?

Sounds like you did better then me, I took 7 th in chicken and 17th in pork and also ribs. Gave me a 17 overall. Wasn't my best day by far but its all good. We had fun. Ours was a one day deal so we didnt do brisket.

Nice work sir,

Did you all get any rain?

Sounds like you did better then me, I took 7 th in chicken and 17th in pork and also ribs. Gave me a 17 overall. Wasn't my best day by far but its all good. We had fun. Ours was a one day deal so we didnt do brisket.
Thanks Tom, Yeah it rained on us. That's when i could have used your trailer rig.
icon_lol.gif

I love comps, not just for the competition but for hanging out with people that love to cook and talking Q.

I have learned allot from some great cooks just from being there neighbor in a contest.

It costs some $$$ to compete, but you learn an awful lot from hanging out with the pro's!

I hear ya, I left sam's club with a total of 400 bucks.

I have started doing my chicken in muffin pans and its turning out OMG good. no matter where I place in chicken I dont care cause I really like it myself.

This was the brisky turn in. It was so tough i couldn't get any burnt ends to put in the box. I smoked it for 16hrs and pulled it at 200º! What's a guy to do?

Oh Yeah, it was certified angus beef and one of the best lookin briskets ive seen in a while!

5f34e2cb_100_07891.jpg

Nice looking brisket. Do you have a recipe???????? Congrats on placing, looks like a great time..... Hows the chicken coming along. I know you said you were focusing on improving your chicken......

Nice looking brisket. Do you have a recipe???????? Congrats on placing, looks like a great time..... Hows the chicken coming along. I know you said you were focusing on improving your chicken......
Maybe he was off lollygagging around and his smoking cheater tool went nutty......

Got my guru today btw.  hehehehehe

Craig

I hear ya, I left sam's club with a total of 400 bucks.

I have started doing my chicken in muffin pans and its turning out OMG good. no matter where I place in chicken I dont care cause I really like it myself.

ok, I'll ask...how do you do the chicken in muffin pans? Pictures? or a PM on process would be awesome.  

Raptor, keep it up you'll be the one soon with a guy parking next to you  so he can learn for the pro...

well done.

Sorry joe, the recipe is TOP SECRET!

the chicken is getting better, Here is a pic of some i smoked sunday

I'm working on a new glaze,It was better than the apricot!

d9b0b9a5_000_0006.jpg

ok, I'll ask...how do you do the chicken in muffin pans? Pictures? or a PM on process would be awesome.  

Raptor, keep it up you'll be the one soon with a guy parking next to you  so he can learn for the pro...

well done.
Thanks Smokey mo, I will PM you my way to muffin pan chicken.

Maybe tom will send you his and we will see if there the same.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky