• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Painful

johnh12

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 22, 2016
I realize that a free forum needs to post ads for revenue but the pop up bar on my lower screen each and every time I select a different thread is taking things to the extreme.
Is there a way to minimize the pop ups or must I donate $$$?

radioguy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 12, 2013
Try a pop up ad blocker. I use Opera browser on my phone, built in ad blocker.

RG

jcam222

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Agree on the subscription. I renew mine instantly when it expires. I do it not just to reduce adds but to support the site. The amount of info I have learned here and continue to learn is priceless. I truly learn something here daily. If you can afford it I assure you it’s worth it to stick around here.

sandyut

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
t costs more for a good cook book, than it costs to join the forum....
Good point! Better than a book - real people and real experience!
Agree on the subscription. I renew mine instantly when it expires. I do it not just to reduce adds but to support the site. The amount of info I have learned here and continue to learn is priceless. I truly learn something here daily. If you can afford it I assure you it’s worth it to stick around here.
Sites like this are not free to maintain. I have learned more here than from anywhere else. My game is better and the camaraderie is amazing! All support and fun! Better than any forum I have been on - hands down!

HalfSmoked

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Nobody has said how to be ad free, The way to be ad free is by paying for the SMF Premier Member. Just my $.02

Warren

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Richie

Steve H

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
I hate pop ups. But I am a member because I enjoy coming here to hang out with the crew. And learn things. It is really a small price to pay.

udaman

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 31, 2015
how do we become a paid member?
i searched it but the link i found was dead,

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
how do we become a paid member?
i searched it but the link i found was dead,
Posted 4 post up
Richie

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Go to your avatar click on Preferences in the Alerts On the left side it has a user upgrades
Richie

udaman

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 31, 2015
Posted 4 post up
Richie
thx did't read all the way to the end , my bad

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks