Pacific NW - Just Learnin'

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nwamateur

Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Am originally from S. Florida, but now live in the Pacific NW near Olympia, WA. I'm learning to smoke various types of food...want to build my own smoker as I prefer to do something just once (i.e. not buy a new product every other year and/or spend gobs of money on something that doesn't work). Have been grilling/bbq for about 10 years, biggest accomplishment is some pretty stout slow roasted pork and I've done two whole hogs (not the easiest of tasks!).

I'm looking to learn from other's, get ideas for building a smoker, and learn about various aspects of something...thanks for allowing me to look and listen!

Welcome! There's a ton of great info here. Do some looking around. If you can't find what you're looking for don't be afraid to ask. Good luck with your build and post some photos of your progress, and your smokes.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the forum! For a first build that is easy and makes a great smoker I suggest a UDS (Ugly Drum Smoker) - they aren't necessarily ugly though.... lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky