Oysters in aluminum cupcake holders?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

allofus123

Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Texas
Sorry posting this here instead of the seafood forum but figured I'd get a faster answer here. I just recieved a gallon of fresh shucked oysters. (Thanks Jerry) I want to smoke them today but do not have the half shells nor what I would consider an appropriate cooking tray. While looking through my wife's cooking utensils (shhh) I found some aluminum cupcake shells. Does anyone know of a reason these will not work?
Plan to make a mixture of butter, garlic, hot sauce and oyster juice and place a small amount in each holder along with 1-2 oysters.

Sorry posting this here instead of the seafood forum but figured I'd get a faster answer here. I just recieved a gallon of fresh shucked oysters. (Thanks Jerry) I want to smoke them today but do not have the half shells nor what I would consider an appropriate cooking tray. While looking through my wife's cooking utensils (shhh) I found some aluminum cupcake shells. Does anyone know of a reason these will not work?
Plan to make a mixture of butter, garlic, hot sauce and oyster juice and place a small amount in each holder along with 1-2 oysters.
with lower temps in smoker you probobally won't have problems,I would watch temps bc aluminum has a low melting point. I would be a little leery in case the is some paper in the mix.I would smoke low bc oysters would not need a long smoke

Last edited:
I would line the tin with parchment, then drop the oysters into the parchment cups...

Or put the whole batch in a glass baking dish... smoke and marinate all at once.... in a big glass dish....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky