Overnight brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

heatman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Sheridan In.
Thru brisket on around midnight last night.
Humphrey Long Weekender with Kingsford blue and hickory chunks at 225.
12.5 pound brisket with Montreal steak seasoning, injected with beef broth.

8am this morning and the final product. Foiled and wrapped in cooler, eating in about 4 hours.

Attachments

• SygO1sMOQ1aSJQE8y9d8gw.jpg
    SygO1sMOQ1aSJQE8y9d8gw.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 109
  • NHwb7eCjQ4ySyim+22jeqw.jpg
    NHwb7eCjQ4ySyim+22jeqw.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 108
Man,you've really taken a liking to that Humphrey,or vice versa.;):cool:

This smoker really has gotten me fired up about smoking again!
How efficient is a Humphrey? Lit my Long Weekender last night right around 11pm. Cooked a brisket and just let it run when we ran up to my folks house to eat. Just got home at 10:45 pm. Just under 24 hour and this is what I see. About 12 pounds of Kingsford Blue bag and a few hickory chunks.

Attachments

• 6axXxhb4TsK4J8BiHDDEtQ.jpg
    6axXxhb4TsK4J8BiHDDEtQ.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 8A77m8xdRpiocCLPc+kLig.jpg
    8A77m8xdRpiocCLPc+kLig.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 89
So do you have the performance plate with PID hooked up then?

I did not buy the performance plate. I made a hole in the daisy wheel and used the adapter I had for my WSM. That stainless is tough to drill. A few burnt bits and finished with a die grinder. Jez1wsbtRbidQtLi1BUV1A.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky