Overnight 1/2 picnic roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2016
Central Missouri
We have company coming tomorrow at 5. They want PP. I started it around 10 PM tonight and its done around 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM the next day. Long rest follows in a well insulated cooler. MES40 set at 225. AMNPS loaded with hickory. SPG seasoned last night and again tonight.

More to come...
IMG_6424.jpg

IMG_6425.jpg

Only at an IT of 150F at nearly 12 hours...might need to wrap this one.
Could be a lower temp than normal stall too.
Bottom line is it is looking great!

IMG_6426a.jpg

How is it going? I have one I’m probably putting on tonight also to be ready for tomorrow’s Bucks and Saints game. have you tried jj’s finishing sauce?

How is it going? I have one I’m probably putting on tonight also to be ready for tomorrow’s Bucks and Saints game. have you tried jj’s finishing sauce?

I have tried that finishing sauce. It was very good but you sure don't need very much. Be sure to add a little at a time.

I catch all the juices from the wrap and add it back into the PP. Look at Bearcarver Bearcarver PP step by step.

I’ve seen all of Bearcarver Bearcarver work. Love it all learned so much from him. Never used a bowl like you did. I’m gonna do that on this one. I feel like I lose a lot of juices. The finishing sauce like you said you don’t need much. I love the vinegar taste so I use it all the time with some extra cayenne. Keep us posted. Mine is going on in a few hours already have the snake method set up on the Webber. A little nervous. First over night cook on it. And it’s like 30* out. Luckily butts are forgiving

Reactions: uncle eddie
I’ve seen all of Bearcarver Bearcarver work. Love it all learned so much from him. Never used a bowl like you did. I’m gonna do that on this one. I feel like I lose a lot of juices. The finishing sauce like you said you don’t need much. I love the vinegar taste so I use it all the time with some extra cayenne. Keep us posted. Mine is going on in a few hours already have the snake method set up on the Webber. A little nervous. First over night cook on it. And it’s like 30* out. Luckily butts are forgiving

I liked using the bowl...it did catch way more juices. Don't sweat the overnight cook. After you do your first one, you will love doing them.

Thanks unc she’s on the Webber with the snake method and it has been between 216-260 is so far for 2 hours. Yours looks great has me hungry

That's some great looking PP Eddie. Your guests must have loved it.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky