Outdoor kitchen ideas?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Love the barrels . Nice work on those .
I just set up a Gazebo on my patio for some added cover and privacy . 10 X 12 . I didn't really care for the curtains that came with it so I added roll up shades to one long side and the 2 short sides .
They're nice because you can adjust the height , and still see through them a bit . Provides great shade and a wind block as well . I bought them at Lowes . The 10 ' one was $100.00 .
This is only half way down . I get some pretty strong winds , and they hold nice . I bought extra hooks so I can bind them halfway or all the way down .
1689510558543.png

1689510710797.png

You can get them in 6 , 8 , or 10 foot widths . 6 or 8 foot lengths .

Love the barrels . Nice work on those .
I just set up a Gazebo on my patio for some added cover and privacy . 10 X 12 . I didn't really care for the curtains that came with it so I added roll up shades to one long side and the 2 short sides .
They're nice because you can adjust the height , and still see through them a bit . Provides great shade and a wind block as well . I bought them at Lowes . The 10 ' one was $100.00 .
This is only half way down . I get some pretty strong winds , and they hold nice . I bought extra hooks so I can bind them halfway or all the way down .
View attachment 670684
View attachment 670685
You can get them in 6 , 8 , or 10 foot widths . 6 or 8 foot lengths .
I wanted to get a Gazebo something like yours, but after contacting the manufacture it was only rated up to wind level 6 (25-31mph).
We get gusts quite a bit higher than that at times.
So I'm thinking of this one that says it is good up to 100mph winds.
Gazebo
Haven't decided on size yet as it is on back-burner for now.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
I wanted to get a Gazebo something like yours, but after contacting the manufacture it was only rated up to wind level 6 (25-31mph).
Just happened to sit down here , and saw this .
Mine just went through 70 MPH winds last weekend . The guy behind me lost his , and the guy on the corner lost one as well . Different from mine though , and not anchored .
Yes , paper work says 40 MPH . I not sure what that means , but I have 2 - 3/8 X 2 1/2 inch Tappcons on each corner . Might add a third on after last week . I only went that big because that's what I had in my " retirement stash " . Glad I did now .
As for the structure , it did have some flex at the top . The rack braces don't have much transfer to the ground , but there's a lot of shear bolts along the top . The weak point is where the post bolt to the bottom plates that anchor to the ground . I have some 5/16 hex heads that I think I'll add in .
It's a really nice setup . I wanted bigger , but the 10X12 fit my space perfectly , and the gutter system is nice . Totally changed the whole area . The shades I added where a must have for us .

Reactions: chp and 02ebz06
Just happened to sit down here , and saw this .
Mine just went through 70 MPH winds last weekend . The guy behind me lost his , and the guy on the corner lost one as well . Different from mine though , and not anchored .
Yes , paper work says 40 MPH . I not sure what that means , but I have 2 - 3/8 X 2 1/2 inch Tappcons on each corner . Might add a third on after last week . I only went that big because that's what I had in my " retirement stash " . Glad I did now .
As for the structure , it did have some flex at the top . The rack braces don't have much transfer to the ground , but there's a lot of shear bolts along the top . The weak point is where the post bolt to the bottom plates that anchor to the ground . I have some 5/16 hex heads that I think I'll add in .
It's a really nice setup . I wanted bigger , but the 10X12 fit my space perfectly , and the gutter system is nice . Totally changed the whole area . The shades I added where a must have for us .
Rich where did you buy the roll downs for the gazebo. I need some to block the sun.

where did you buy the roll downs
I got them at Lowes . Had all sizes in stock even thought the website didn't show them .
I'm sitting out there now . Suns out of the west . Just roll that side down .
1691526035508.png

Here's what they look like rolled up . Hard to see , but they tuck up nice .
No flopping around .
1691525999498.png

I got them at Lowes . Had all sizes in stock even thought the website didn't show them .
I'm sitting out there now . Suns out of the west . Just roll that side down .
View attachment 673011
Here's what they look like rolled up . Hard to see , but they tuck up nice .
No flopping around .
View attachment 673010
going to have too look. What section where they in window shades or outdoors?

thx

Reactions: chopsaw
They were in with the shades . I've started looking online and get the isle / bay numbers .

yeah I found them, have to see what size works best. You installed to the inside header?
Yes . I had to modify the brackets on mine . I got lucky and the 10 ' section lined up with a existing bolt location . Just had to drill it out .
The 8 ' section I was cutting and grinding on one bracket . No big deal though .
Thing is you need to be by a column / leg or have a way to bind them if it's windy .
I think you need 97 1/2 " bracket to bracket for the 8 ' , and 121 1/2 on the 10 . Not positive but that's close .
The brackets can be changed for overhead or left right crank . They come as right side wall mount .

Yes . I had to modify the brackets on mine . I got lucky and the 10 ' section lined up with a existing bolt location . Just had to drill it out .
The 8 ' section I was cutting and grinding on one bracket . No big deal though .
Thing is you need to be by a column / leg or have a way to bind them if it's windy .
I think you need 97 1/2 " bracket to bracket for the 8 ' , and 121 1/2 on the 10 . Not positive but that's close .
The brackets can be changed for overhead or left right crank . They come as right side wall mount .
the 123" wide should work but the 72" height is a bit short. Going to look for longer.

Good deal . I'm gonna get a 10 X 8 for the section of the patio that's under roof .

I will probably have to mount on the outside for mine.
No sure what the issue is . Hits in a bad spot or not enough room ?

Good deal . I'm gonna get a 10 X 8 for the section of the patio that's under roof .

No sure what the issue is . Hits in a bad spot or not enough room ?
I don't know if it will be an issue, it is still sitting in my car. I would love to put all my smokers under the gazebo but for some reason my wife likes siting on the couches by the pool doing work stuff...lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky