1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Outdoor chest freezer?

Discussion in 'Slicers, Grinders, Tools, Equipment' started by Natasssao, Jun 12, 2019 at 7:47 AM.

1. Does anyone have any recommendations for any outdoor chest freezer? I only have a side by side fridge that can't hold frames. There's no room inside for a freezer and no garage/ outbuilding/ covered porch to put one either. I was looking for one that I could put on a small stand (to keep underside dry) and put on a back exposed porch. I can make a cover for in out of a BBQing cover if need be. But I need it to work outside in both winter and summer to store excess honey deeps.

Barring that, how do most of the hobby beeks store excess frames?

Advice is appreciated.

2. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

How cold does it get in a Los Angeles Winter.
    I was going to put my Meat freezer in my garage (unheated), but the owner's manual said that's a No-No, so I put it in my basement.
    My Son had 4 Fridges & Freezers in his unheated 6,000 sq ft Pole Barn (unheated) and he had trouble with two of them.
    It gets pretty cold here, in PA.

Bear

3. They make “garage kits” for most modern refrigerator/freezers that allow them to function in sub-cabinet temps, and I would be very surprised if something similar isn’t available for chest freezers.