"OTBS"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
Larry asked about the "OTBS" that I've had that in my tag line for a while. I will share this with you all now-

When everything is going right when smoking, your smoke should be light with a bit of a bluish gray tint to it-not heavy and rolling. This is referred to as the "Thin Blue Smoke"-the Zen of smoking if you will.

I thought that I would "create" the "Order of the Thin Blue Smoke" and admit others into this Order when the "applicant" feels that they have reached this exalted level in smoking. :roll: All you have to do is tell me about your perfect smoke session and ask to join and you can use "OTBS" in your tag line too. :D From reading about all the great smoke sessions in this forum a lot of you have already earned membership in the "Order of the Thin Blue Smoke".

Reactions: flatbroke
Earl D-";p="1626 said:
Larry asked about the "OTBS" that I've had that in my tag line for a while. I will share this with you all now-

When everything is going right when smoking, your smoke should be light with a bit of a bluish gray tint to it-not heavy and rolling. This is referred to as the "Thin Blue Smoke"-the Zen of smoking if you will.

I thought that I would "create" the "Order of the Thin Blue Smoke" and allow others into this Order when the "applicant" feels that they have reached this exalted level in smoking. :roll: All you have to do is tell me about your perfect smoke session and ask to join and you can use "OTBS" in your tag line too. :D From reading about all the great smoke sessions in this forum a lot of you have already earned membership in the

yo dutch,
maybe you want to post my p.m. to you on otbs.

i read and replied to pm bofore i seen this on the thread.

Hiya Dutch,

I humbly submit this request for application for membership in the "Order of the Thin Blue Smoke," for your consideration.

Regards,
Brian

Brian, Having looked at several of your posts about your awesome smokes, I humbly admit you to the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke as OTBS 004. 8)

Okay Larry-Welcome to the OTBS. OTBS #005

Edited due to severe misunderstanding

Never meant to slight the Order.

Hope to one day earn entry.

Sorry all

Response deleted due to my severe lack of understanding and all too quick response to what should have been funny!
Monty

Monty, I believe the Chi Bill was posting in jest, but I do appreciate ya watching my back!

When my oldest son saw that tag line he said "Da, I know what OTBS stands for. It stands for Originator of True Bull Sh**!" Me thinks that Chi Bill and my son think too much alike and that CAN'T be good!! :shock: :D

At least they had a "clue"
wink.gif
I drew a complete blank until I saw this thread. :lol:

OMG, it was completely in jest. Monty

No offense to you, Earl, Jeff's etc.

I'll just shut up thank you.

Never intended to start or add to any negativity. This is a great site. I wouldn't think of starting ANY negative stuff here.

Sincere apologies to any and all.

Big Earl,

On behalf of the 2 Jeff's, I except the honor bestowed upon us!

Chi-Bill from Moldova...............don't get upset, Brother. Sir Monty was merely covering another Brother's back. Communication Breakdown. Keep posting, my friend!

Jeff

To all my brothers and sisters on this forum, and especially to Chi Bill, I would sincerely like to apologize for my all too quick response to Chi Bill's post. He has made it clear here and in a pm to me that all was in jest and misunderstood by me. Let's all get on with it!
Chi Bill keep up the posting! As I said in an earlier post I appreciate your depth of knowledge and will be delighted at the next peek into your "bag o' tricks"!
Best of all to Everyone!
Monty

Monty,

Never be affraid to cover a Brother's back! As this Forum gets bigger, there will be times it will be needed, if myself or TulsaJeff doesn't catch it first.

Fortunately, I am friends with Chi-Bill from a ways back, and know it was done in jest. No Biggie!

On with the 'Q!!!

Jeff

Jeff, I have never been afraid to cover a friend's back anywhere. In private life and during my stint in uniform. I am also very quick to admit when I am wrong and do the best I can to make things right! Keeps my conscience clear and my friends close!
Monty

If its possible, I'd like to have the last word on my bad post, just to more focus this thread back onto the "Order of the Thin Blue Smoke" for anyone who reads this down the line.

I posted something that was not on topic, and it was indicated that someone could take my post the wrong way.

I subsequently eliminated that post, and ensured that both the intent of my post, and the result, was not what was meant.

We all, as a group, fully understand each other now, and return this thread to what it was.

If you have a story for Earl that will relay your quest for the thin blue smoke, follow his direction and submit it to him.

Me, I have a few, but that was pre-Smoking-Meat.com.

I will wait to submit a story to him from when I earned your guys "badge of honor"

Thanks to Earl, Monty, and Jeff for making sure this site is one I want to come back to

I just realized that I am a high ranking member of the OTBS.. thank you Dutch for considering me worthy.. I will do my best to live up to the standards and oppose all who speak against this order. :)

All joking aside.. it is an honour. Thank all of you for keeping the forum fun and lively as well as informational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky