OTBS?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Central PA Cowboy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2017
Central PA
I’ve been waiting over 3 years to be in this. Anyone know how to get in this super secret club? Do I have to bake a couple apple pies and post them or what? Is there a secret handshake? What about a secret password? Am I missing something?

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
I’ve been waiting over 3 years to be in this. Anyone know how to get in this super secret club? Do I have to bake a couple apple pies and post them or what? Is there a secret handshake? What about a secret password? Am I missing something?
The "Order of the Thin Blue Smoke" was created to honor those members that have helped others in the pursuit of the Art by sharing their knowledge.
The Candidate should
1- be a SMF member in good standing.
2- be active in the forums for at least 9 months.
3- know and be able to demonstrate the art of the thin blue smoke by posting q-vue of a successful smoke.
4- willing to share tips and recipes. Nominations can go from general membership to the mods. Mods review and submit final recommendations to admin.

Dutch Dutch based on your initial OTBS post in 2005, I feel I am ready to be inducted into OTBS. I have even taken a selfie with my new smoker, which means TBS for life.

Wow that’s awesome on how people are nominated and selected. Maybe someday I’ll get there, until then I’ll keep helping, learning and having fun!
That's what it's all about, helping others! We were all newbies here once! And after being here for awhile it's a great feeling to help others just starting out. While being a member of otbs would be a great honor...its only a few letters. I figure if I can help someone learn half as much as I have learned here I'm happy with that!
Sadly I feel some are making a joke of it and mocking it. Sad really, but most members are here to truly help others and thankful for them!
Have to say tho...go team gravy!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky