Ornamental Plum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Western Maryland
Anyone tried this? I have one I cut down and I have not smoked with it before. I use cherry or apple and I got a crap load of cherry and another big one to cut down.

just wondering if I should save it for the smoker or throw it in the wood stove.

Try some on something small. U can smoke with most woods except pine. I believe it’s a personal preference. I would stay away from walnut myself even though I’ve heard some people use it to.

Dave without he bark? The wood is dry around the bark now and if I have to do all that work, it will be in the wood stove.

I need to get a smaller smoker. The smokehouse it a PITA to do something small.

The bark may not be a problem... Try it... If you find the flavor objectionable, peel the bark or use it to heat the shop...
OR !!!! add some ambiance to cocktail hour around the fire...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky