Organizing BBQ accessories

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I just saw this pop up in one of the SMF ads...

3587c4312a02b4c87d2b3388ebc0a6d9.jpg

I'm impressed!... but I'm the kind of cheap bastard that balks at the $1199 price tag. If you aren't -- have a look. LINK

I use that and keep the coals outside in a shed with no issues. I think I can get 16lbs of briquettes in it.
clifish, you must have the smaller version?, they are similar, but with the extra large one, i can get very close to the 55lbs of briquettes they claim.

Reactions: clifish
clifish, you must have the smaller version?, they are similar, but with the extra large one, i can get very close to the 55lbs of briquettes they claim.
Yes, you are correct. Maybe I should have clicked the link instead of just looking at the pic...lol. same configuration so I am sure it works great. I just would not want to lift 55lbs of coals over my shoulder to fill up the MB 800.

Yes, you are correct. Maybe I should have clicked the link instead of just looking at the pic...lol. same configuration so I am sure it works great. I just would not want to lift 55lbs of coals over my shoulder to fill up the MB 800.
yeah, that is something i wouldn't or couldn't do either!! i have the smaller size in both the kingford and another off brand that i use to store pellets for the smoker. they work excellent for that!

yeah, that is something i wouldn't or couldn't do either!! i have the smaller size in both the kingford and another off brand that i use to store pellets for the smoker. they work excellent for that!
where did you find the off brand? any worse or cheaper?

buddeez 098 ice melt dispenser is what i got. this is an 8 gallon size container i got them on an amazon warehouse return deal for under $10 a piece. they are currently unavailable on amazon.

the one I made is similar to this, but Bigger and I stained the top with marine poly and painted the legs with a good exterior paint. I also added wheels to make it easier to move around. Really just need a hand saw, drill, and some sand paper to do it. I like doing DIY things because you can modify based on what you need/want and usually a bit cheaper than purchasing something already done. Especially when you find old lumber for free!!

edit, I’ll take some pics when it stops raining!!!!
A4CCD3BF-2D8E-4EB3-917E-075253B1A43A.png

I didn’t read all the replies but I use a dewalt pack out. It’s pretty full but all my stuff is in there. Perfect for me and it’s Mobil if I need to be.

I removed this wall of fish tanks that where on a central filtration system over the last two weeks. I was losing interest (never thought that would happen)!
fish.JPG

Painted the floor and added new shelving, now all our cooking stuff is all together rather than scattered all over the basement.
basement.jpg

Next up is the other half of the basement...lol
basement1.jpg

I have my supplies stored all over the place, and somehow I remember where everything is at any given moment. My car keys, and wallet...not so much.

I have one full wall of 6' tall steel cabinets, and about a 12' width of them is stuff like dozens of gallon jugs full of pellets & dust from "Amazing". And I have a 5' chest of drawers in our spare room for a bunch of non-smelly BBQ stuff.

Bear
Hey Bear, can I ask you a question that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread? Backpacker048.
if so, I hope I can find this posting. As shucks, I’ll
it?

I'm new at this SV game. What I have done is to SV a rack of Baby Backs for 9 hours at 150*. Pulled them and put them into an 50-50 ice bath for 40 min and then into the fridge for about 5 hours. Now they are on the smoker at 225* and have been cooking for almost 2 hours. The internal temps are about 125*. How do I know when they are done so's I don't under/over cook them? How do I know when anything is done when I SV something and then put it on the smoker?

Thanks,
Backpacker
As shucks I‘m going to go ahead and the question, and if I’m in the wrong forum , I‘ll just have to live with it. Anyway, here’s the question:

I'm new at this SV game. What I have done is to SV a rack of Baby Backs for 9 hours at 150*. Pulled them and put them into an 50-50 ice bath for 40 min and then into the fridge for about 5 hours. Now they are on the smoker at 225* and have been cooking for almost 2 hours. The internal temps are about 125*. How do I know when they are done so's I don't under/over cook them? How do I know when anything is done when I SV something and then put it on the smoker? Do you still take them up to the same temp as without the SV. I wound up pulling them when the IT was 150-155*

The result was that I felt like they sGould have cooked about an hour more, plus they were a tad dry.
My overall question is how do you know when to pull the meat after SV and Having been in the fridge for some time.

Thanks for your help,
Backpacker

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky