Oregano came back up???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shellbellc

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 7, 2006
Valley Forge, PA
We have a small area in our flower bed that I put some common herbs in for cooking so I don't have to walk down to the garden...This year our oregano grew back from last year! I also learned not to plant a raspberry bush next to the house in the flower bed. This is the third year for it and man it is taking over!!! After it fruits we're going to have to take it out.
PDT_Armataz_01_02.gif

Oregano, like thyme, is an exceptionally hardy herb. It almost likes tio be treated badly. In most of the severe climate areas I recommend planting it with chives and thyme in a rock garden. The rocks provide winter protecion for the roots and ensure survival and excellent supply.

Great stuff!

Cheers!

Shell -

A lot of herbs are weeds they hard to kill off! Be carefull of things like Dill, mint, hops, anything that goes to seed easily it'll kee comming back!

Speaking of herbs .... I finally added the herb and spice blend download to my website. 70 Ethnic, Regional, and International herb and spice blends for your pantry.

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/SpiceDownloads.htm

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky