Ordered New Fridge Today

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Brian , I think you'll like that set up . I like a side by side for a second fridge , but not everyday .
My garage fridge is a 1983 Kenmore . Paid $500 for it at the Sears outlet store when I was 23 years old . Used it as a main fridge in my 1st and 2nd houses . When I moved here it went to the garage , and we bought a side by Kenmore for $2600.00 that lasted a whole 5 years .
Won't even get into the Samsung that I bought after that . Still using that one after replacing the ice maker setup , main control board , opening up the evaporator to add a better drain heater . Thanks again Mike . Just replaced the ice bucket because the old one was cracked all to hell . Now this one is freezing all the ice together . Must have the wrong gasket or something . I put and old ice drawer in the fridge and just dump it . OK , maybe I will get into it .

40 year old Kenmore still going strong . 500 bucks .

Reactions: MJB05615
Brian, You're in good shape. I have a 1997 GE side by side in the garage still works perfectly. Plus last year got a Magic Chef Chest freezer which is outstanding. 2 months ago we finally replaced our Whirlpool Gold side by side which we've had nothing but problems with since 2004. I'll never get Whirlpool again. The new one is LG side by side. 27 cubic feet, biggest one we've ever had. Can't seem to fill it up, lol. Nice problem to have. So far it's very good. Funny the 2004 Whirlpool Gold was over $2000, this new LG was on sale for $1500, and seems a lot nicer overall.

I know there's some rules here about posting links and I'm too lazy right now to go learn them, but for anyone looking to buy new appliances I highly recommend going to Youtube and looking up Yale Appliance. They're based out of Boston area but their reviews seem very honest and are based on their sales and service records.

One thing I've learned is that even though Samsung and LG seem to get totally trashed for their quality, they're actually pretty good. But their service network is crap, so those few issues that tend to happen get totally blown up on the internet.

I've found them to be relatively unbiased, even reviewing products they don't sell sometimes.

Samsung and LG seem to get totally trashed for their quality,
I like my Samsung , but that ice maker BS was a factory flaw and should have been backed by Samsung . Same with the 2 inches of ice under the deli drawer that everyone had because the evap drain froze up .

Reactions: Brokenhandle
I like my Samsung , but that ice maker BS was a factory flaw and should have been backed by Samsung . Same with the 2 inches of ice under the deli drawer that everyone had because the evap drain froze up .
Ya, I remember reading about that whole ice maker debacle. I think that even lead to a class action lawsuit and was one of the main causes of Samsung quality reputation dropping hard. It wasn't handled properly at all.

But I don't want to diverge from the OP post. That's a dang nice looking fridge and along the lines of what I would like with my remodel. I don't see any thru door ice or water. Those are the 2 things that fail most often and they take away from usable space. Much cleaner lines without them. They're nice options but not a requirement for me.

Reminds me of an option on my car. Whenever you got in or out the steering wheel would move up and out of the way. Guess what broke first. Guess what cost like $1200 to replace a $30 plastic part. Guess what option I now live without.

I think OP done dang good!!

New fridge coming tomorrow so time to move old one. First the tires on dolly flat. Fixed that than I could not even get that thing to tip back enough. Finally got my little cart and managed to get it under fridge. Of course the bottom is not flat. Has the motor and stuff. Somehow managed to drag it into the front room. Looking back I guess I should of empty the freezer. There was no more room in my tiny kitchen to put any more and did not think would be this hard. Hopefully I did not damage anything underneath. Will see if it cools back down. Boy I glad I paid for install on new one!!! Sure wish I would hit the lotto so I can get rid of this small house. I play $5 a week.

Reactions: jaxgatorz
i have this same fridge, except i have ice, water, and a keurig attachment in the left door. after 8 months the fan on the coil failed - warranty replacement except labor. that was 7 years ago, so, no complaints on this guy except the ice bucket is a little small if i have a gathering, and the freezer is a little small for my needs, but i have an upright and 2 chest freezers downstairs (the upright has a bad seal - ran it for 3 months and it filled up with frost, and the chest freezers are new, with very little frost and very much beef).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky