Orange brined cornish hens

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Beautiful looking birds there Stuart, came out looking absolutely perfect! Been thinking about grabbing some hens for awhile now, seeing yours will make it happen. I can just imagine how juicy they turned out smoked on that rotisserie, big Like Stu! RAY
Thank you Ray. It had been a long time since I spun anything. It was a great change of pace. And they certainly turned out nice and juicy. I say go for it!
Stu
They look delicous Stu!

Thanks, Jim.
I'll be adding corhish hens to the meal rotation more often.
Stu
Those look absolutely fantastic!! Love Cornish hens and those are about some of the best looking ones I'v seen. Excellent job.

Robert

Thank you very much, Robert.
The hens were a good change of pace.
We usually just roasted them in the oven in the past.
Rotisserie is the way to go from now on.
Stu

Awesome looking hens. They kinda use to be a hidden secret and could get for dirt cheap. Then the word got out, price jumped up with everything else now. Love those little birds. . .

Thank you very much.
Yes, they used to be a good way to make an elegant meal on the cheap.
Not any more thanks to those darn foodie hipsters.

Stu

No need for the water either. Just straight juice and spices. Save the water to wash the dishes and the beer to drink proper.

I totally agree.
The newcomers out here in the southwest are in for a rude awakening concerning the long term water situation.

Those look fantastic, wonderful color! I've got one in the freezer, still.

How do you think it would come out if not spun, just smoked? I don't have the capacity for a spit.

Those look fantastic, wonderful color! I've got one in the freezer, still.

How do you think it would come out if not spun, just smoked? I don't have the capacity for a spit.
Thanks.
It will turn out great smoked over indirect heat.
If you smoke the hen at 325° or higher you will get nice bite through skin instead of rubbery skin associated with lower smoking temps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky