Once Upon A Long Time Ago

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Last year I swapped a bunch of digitized old family pictures with a cousin. He sent me this pic of his father and my father (brothers) which apparently is from 1949
1-1949.jpg
. They grew up in Lithuania in the 1920s and got tossed around in WWII, then made it to the Land of Opportunity. They look happy.

I encourage you folks to dig up old family pictures and either scan them or photograph them, and share them with your family members.

We got some old ones, but mostly PA Dutch & PA German.

However since you mentioned Lithuania---Mrs Bear's Grandmother escaped across the border, leaving Lithuania, while being shot at by Russians. She was 17 years old at that time. This was prior to 1918, because Mrs Bear's mother was born in PA, in 1918.
So Mrs Bear is 50% Lithuanian & 50 % PA German.
And the Bear is 100% PA Dutch.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky