Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Spent yesterday at Red hook, NY at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome. Beautiful day for this. I took over 700 pictures and about 15 videos. Here are a few of a Super Chipmunk being flown by a retired Navy pilot. This guy has mad skills!

P9180625.jpg
P9180627.jpg
P9180639.jpg
P9180670.jpg
P9180684.jpg
P9180750.jpg
P9180761.jpg
P9180765.jpg
P9180796.jpg

Very cool. Dad, WWII Army Air Corps, was a Plane Fanatic. We went to many Air Shows in the 60's/70's...JJ

Reactions: Steve H
When we lived in Ft.Lauderdale, they had an air show at the beach every year, it brought about 1 million people. The Blue angles, stealth bombers, and all kinds of parachute jumps, a full on assault on the beach. Along with all the private teams. It was awesome.
Al

Reactions: Steve H
Very cool. Dad, WWII Army Air Corps, was a Plane Fanatic. We went to many Air Shows in the 60's/70's...JJ
Thanks! Airplanes, or I should say, aircraft have always been a passion of mine.

Cool pics.
Jim
Thanks Jim!

Looks like a great way to spend a day
Thanks Jim! It was a perfect day for it too.

Very cool!
That Super Chipmunk appears to have a horrendous oil leak! :emoji_laughing:
Lol! Thank you!

Great Pic's Steve!
Thanks Dan!

WoW
fantastic pictures Steve
All the old planes and cars etc
I bet a great day

David
Thanks David!

Wonderful pictures. Great way to spend the day !
Thank you!

Beautiful pics! What for camera do you use?
I had 3 cameras with me. These were taken with a olympus OMD EM 10 MKIII with a lenses I just bought. A 75-300mm with a teleconverter giving me an effective range of 600mm.

Great pics Steve, hope you kids have a wonderful time! RAY
Had a great time, And still am. Thanks Ray!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky