Old Lang 84D Refurbished

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome job Jeff!
When I saw the photo of the original, I had no idea you could make it look like new!
Maybe you should get into the restoration business. I’m sure you could double your money on the 84.
Al

NICE. Kinda funny but I think it looked fine and MUCH better than smokers I see around here. Looks new now. You going pro?

Absolutely fantastic Jeff!! You know I've been waiting a long time to see these pics and it was well worth the wait. A beautiful brand new smoker. Now maybe it's time to think about retirement and using the Lang for what you originally bought it for :emoji_wink: Hell, I'll drive up on the weekends and help out. Only payment required is dinner if there's any left :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: jcam222
Beautiful plate Jeff. You nailed the doneness on that tenderloin. Hell of a good job bud
I have to agree with Jake ....doneness is spot on!!!... All those flavors had to be fantastic!! Nice work Jeff!
Thing of Beauty! Nice Job.
Wow, awesome device. Are you cooking for all of us here at SMF?
Great move Jeff, always enthralled by the cooks you post, looking forward to the next one! RAY
That's freaking amazing my friend. TY for sharing
Jeff that is the identical smoker I have but yours certainly looks a whole lot better than mine. I had to repair the plate at the firebox on mine to and it wasn't any fun. That thing looks brand new
Looking great now to get it a bit dirty. Good call !

RG
HECK YEAH, Jeff!! Show us what you got there brother...
Wow! What an incredible find and great deal! I’m excited for you! Looks incredible!
That definitely looks like a labor of love! You did a great job!
She’s a beaut, Jeff!
View attachment 529034

Hell yeah Jeff that is a thing of beauty! Guy did a great job! You are going to have to tell your wife to park her car on the street that bad boy needs a home in the garage.

You couldn't pony up for the chrome spinners?
It looks fantastic!!.. Looks like they did a quality job for you on it.. The wheels look great too!!
Your neighbors are gonna thinkbyou went out and baught a new one!!😆😆
She is a beauty! Bet she cooks a mean brisket ... or a dozen.
Great looking smoker!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)
Dead sexy rig Jeff!!
Nice UNIT.
Congrats on the refurb, that is a nice cooker!
Thanks guys. I am super pleased with it. It will last my lifetime and another one or two lol.

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
Absolutely fantastic Jeff!! You know I've been waiting a long time to see these pics and it was well worth the wait. A beautiful brand new smoker. Now maybe it's time to think about retirement and using the Lang for what you originally bought it for :emoji_wink: Hell, I'll drive up on the weekends and help out. Only payment required is dinner if there's any left :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Trust me, it’s a daily battle inside my head haha

Awesome job Jeff!
When I saw the photo of the original, I had no idea you could make it look like new!
Maybe you should get into the restoration business. I’m sure you could double your money on the 84.
Al
Credit all goes to the guy I had do it here locally. He did the entire refurb for $1500. Trust me I’m on the lookout for deals to flip. He made it clear he’d love to make money doing more of them.

View attachment 529034

Hell yeah Jeff that is a thing of beauty! Guy did a great job! You are going to have to tell your wife to park her car on the street that bad boy needs a home in the garage.

You couldn't pony up for the chrome spinners?
It looks fantastic!!.. Looks like they did a quality job for you on it.. The wheels look great too!!
Your neighbors are gonna thinkbyou went out and baught a new one!!😆😆
Lol grabbed these wheels on Amazon! Crazy what you can buy there.
That looks awesome Jeff! Are your neighbors lined up outside with hunks of meat yet?

Ryan
Funny you ask that, run into my neighbor at the barbershop today. Him - “man that smoker looks great! Think maybe I could throw some meat in it sometime when you cook and get a few pointers?” Heck yea always happy to help out.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky