old gas with water in it

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
looks like from what i have read so far there is no practical safe way except to try to find a place that will take it and dispose of it for you (yeah right...)  doesn't look like there are any around me. 
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

i was gettin  the duck boat ready for the season and i was messin with the motor and saw the cloudy colored gas coming out of the gas hose, me jumping to conclusions..., i thought the whole can was bad but it was just the hose. so false alarm. it still would be cool to find a good place to dispose of the stuff. maybe like meateater said?

SeaFoam won't do it!!!

Gas up here in Minnesota contains 10% Ethanol Alcohol.  I was having problems with my outboard, and found water in the gas.  I poured out a 6 gallon gas can from my boat, that had a quart of water in it.  Gas was only 2 weeks old and stored in a garage.  The alcohol absorbs the water and drops out of the gas in the form of a clear slime.  The clear slime fills up the fuel bowl and your engine will act like it's running out of gas.  Also, the slime is too thick to go thru the jets.

Why doesn't it affect your automobile engine???  Because you go thru it much faster.

Use "Non Oxygenated" fuel in outboards, motorcycles, snowmobiles, 4 wheelers and any small engine you can find it.  No alcohol added and shelf life is much longer.

Here's a link to some good info:  http://fueltestkit.com/marine_boat_ethanol_problems.html

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky