Oktoberfest Bratwurst with Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bratrules

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
Southern Cali.
Well its been awhile since I've posted anything thing. But i have been meaning to so here it is. I had a Oktoberfest party this past weekend at my place so i decide on making Brats. Nothing like Homebrew and Brats to enjoy the night.

I did 10 ten pounds of bratwurst

All stuffed and ready for the grill

Grilled over apple wood it gives a great flavor. 

My menu for the night!!!

They were such a hit my wife want to me to make more so i did it again today. Of course it was a smaller batch just for us. 

And a money shot. Along with a Helles it made for one hell of a meal!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: rstr hunter
Thanks all the beer was amazing thank god i still have some left over. 
biggrin.gif

Looks great as always Brat... Looked at your "last time on line" about two weeks ago wondering where you been...... good to see ya postin up

Joe

Beer, Brats w/ sauerkraut, Cabbage, & Potato Salad?!?!?! Wow, I bet you were a lively bunch the rest of that night!!!! Hopefully this was an outdoor event!

;-) haha

In all seriousness that looks great, nice job. I like the little chalk board menu too, reminds me of being at a Gastro-pub and adds a lot of festive character to the event. Thanks for sharing.

Looks great as always Brat... Looked at your "last time on line" about two weeks ago wondering where you been...... good to see ya postin up

Joe

Hey Joe I've out and about kind of busy. and haven't really made anything worth posting. But these brats were such a big hit i had to put up some q-view. Thanks for looking everyone!!!

Dang my invite must have been lost in the mail 
biggrin.gif
 Great looking brats and menu 

Them are some great looking Brats! Any special recipe you used and can share?

Well its been awhile since I've posted anything thing. But i have been meaning to so here it is. I had a Oktoberfest party this past weekend at my place so i decide on making Brats. Nothing like Homebrew and Brats to enjoy the night.

I did 10 ten pounds of bratwurst

They were such a hit my wife want to me to make more so i did it again today. Of course it was a smaller batch just for us. 

Was this a get-together of home brew afficianados?  Looks like you had a good menu besides some good home brew.  I'll drive over next weekend if you plan on doing it again.

2thumbs.gif

sausage.gif

Deanoaz my buddy and i are avid home-brewers so we want to have a get together so people can taste are brews. I i think am going to do it again but till next year lol. And Dutch my recipe is simple. the thing is i never use a recipe i always just eyeball everything. but here is what i put in the Brats. Kosher salt, coarse black pepper, dried thyme, mustard seed, coriander seed, all spice, dried bay leaves, onion power, dried marjoram, and 2 whole eggs and also 1/2 of milk just to bind it all together. I'll try to get measurements to i can put them up. Once again thanks for all the great comments. 

SNIP>And Dutch my recipe is simple. the thing is i never use a recipe i always just eyeball everything. but here is what i put in the Brats. Kosher salt, coarse black pepper, dried thyme, mustard seed, coriander seed, all spice, dried bay leaves, onion power, dried marjoram, and 2 whole eggs and also 1/2 of milk just to bind it all together. I'll try to get measurements to i can put them up. Once again thanks for all the great comments. 
bratrules-thanks for posting up the ingredients-looking forward to the the amounts.

Deanoaz my buddy and i are avid home-brewers so we want to have a get together so people can taste are brews. I i think am going to do it again but till next year lol. And Dutch my recipe is simple. the thing is i never use a recipe i always just eyeball everything. but here is what i put in the Brats. Kosher salt, coarse black pepper, dried thyme, mustard seed, coriander seed, all spice, dried bay leaves, onion power, dried marjoram, and 2 whole eggs and also 1/2 of milk just to bind it all together. I'll try to get measurements to i can put them up. Once again thanks for all the great comments. 
What's you're favorite brews; porters, IPA, barley wine (yum, yum!), lager, etc?  I spent 10 years in the Portland, OR area, sampling every micro-brewery I could find.  Really enjoyed it.

Beer.gif

I'm surprised that there is no mace or nutmeg in your recipe. They look really good.

That's why i used all spice. and i not a big fan of nutmeg lol i like the flavor of all spice to me it seem a lot more mellow.
What's you're favorite brews; porters, IPA, barley wine (yum, yum!), lager, etc?  I spent 10 years in the Portland, OR area, sampling every micro-brewery I could find.  Really enjoyed it.

Beer.gif
I enjoy all kinds of brews. But am a big fan of lagers!!! Lagers from all walks of life lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky