Okay - Which Member Did It ???????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

the_selling_blues_man

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
Bristol, Indiana
I just rolled my first Fattie (I know, I know - no pics it never happened!). Which member 1st suggested rolling it out in a zip lock bag and then cutting it open? This method worked great! Thank you.

I am doing two Boston Butts (7-8 lbs each) today and will add the two Fatties a little later this afternoon.

That technique goes way back before I was a member. I'll do a members search and be back.

yep - rolled them out in plastic wrap and they turned out great. I did a breakfast and a pizza fattie. My youngest daughter saw them when I took them off the smoker and could not wait to try them. I wrapped them up in foil and took them to the family gathering. They were gone within seconds and she didn't even get a bite! The look was priceless!

I will be doing some of these everytime I smoke from here out. Man they were good.

Gypsyseagod was the originator of the fatty in the bag method. He was talking about doing it that way when I joined in April 2007.
Hes no longer a member, and he deleted his membership so I cant confirm it. But Im positive it was him.

Yes, I can't take any credit about the zip lock idea. ds 7664 was the one who shared the technique with me. He was nice enough to PM me about it a month after I joined in Nov 07. I did come up with the other part of my technique on my own after alot of practice. I am glad it is helping others get started in the fatty smokes.
cool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky