Okay, Something is Screwy with Email Notifications

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yup . Working again

With our comments, somebody who knows Computers might be able to figure it out.
As for me, If I can't Saw it, Plane it, Joint it, Shape it, Sand it, Drill it, Stain it, Glue it, or Chainsaw Carve it, I don't understand it.

Bear

That's kind of how it went for some of us . We would get this one but not others .
Just for the heck of it i'll bump a couple more.

Yes I was alerted for your reply to the mailbox mod and again this thread. So, it seems just nothing for my Albacore post. If that's it, then I can live with it. I'll just go back and smoke more fish......

For me, sometimes it just takes one from this thread, to break the ice.
Sounds stupid, but that's what happens when I'm have problems with it.
I've been getting less than usual, but still getting a couple.

Bear

As I understand it there were major internet problems in the eastern US yesterday that had servers going nuts and programs acting weird. I talked to Brian about it last night because many of us were having problems in chat and on the site. When we started figuring out who had said they were having problems it was all people from the eastern areas.
Hopefully it will settle out and things will get more back to normal

I've had no issues with this site yesterday. My internet at home was out for an hour or so, but that was a local Xfinity thing.

Not working too good yet.
Got 1 alert emailed over the last 18 hours.
None in the last 14 hours.

Bear

I'm getting a few. Let's see if this reply jump starts anything like in the past.

Nope, The only one I got was the one Chopsaw posted @ 9:56.
But that would be because I hadn't opened Chopsaw's yet, and I have mine set to only send one of a thread, until that one is opened.

Bear

Here's a different one.

I get notifications just fine, but when I click the main link, the URL is http://post.spmailtechno.com/blah,blah,blah which does not connect to anything.
Browser error:
Code:
This site can’t be reached
post.spmailtechno.com’s server IP address could not be found.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy, firewall, and DNS configuration
Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

In fact, all of the links start with this address and all are unreachable. This is the first time I've had a problem connecting through a forum-generated email link.

Russ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky