Okay, Something is Screwy with Email Notifications

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Okay, something is screwy, can y'all figure it out?
I've had ongoing issues with not receiving email notifications to watched topics and everything else that should generate them.
Just recently I switched email providers and started receiving notifications, but it were very short lived and they stopped again.
They're not going to Spam and SMF is whitelisted, current email is a gmail account.
This makes for a somewhat of a drag trying to keep up with stuff.
C'mon Admins, maybe figure it out finally? Please?

Funny you mentions this, I've never received any notifications, period..

Okay, something is screwy, can y'all figure it out?
I've had ongoing issues with not receiving email notifications to watched topics and everything else that should generate them.
Just recently I switched email providers and started receiving notifications, but it were very short lived and they stopped again.
They're not going to Spam and SMF is whitelisted, current email is a gmail account.
This makes for a somewhat of a drag trying to keep up with stuff.
C'mon Admins, maybe figure it out finally? Please?

chilerelleno chilerelleno Looking at your account with all the changes you have made back and forth on the email address your account is in a status stating that we are waiting for email confirmation that the changes you made were accurate. Until this happens you will not get emails.

Also you have to understand how the email works for the site. When we are sending it out if your email provider refuses delivery to a certain number of emails then we have to stop sending them or risk getting SMF Blacklisted.

So when this happens and you notice its not coming thru we have to go thru a manual process of restoring it. Its a pain in the butt but its what we have to do to ensure we are able to email the thousands of people that we need too.

PM me if your still having issues.

Brian

Thanks Brian, I can post again at least.
I do not know why SMF emails don't show up in either my Comcast.mail or Gmail accounts, neither has SMF blocked or otherwise.
I guess that like other members I'll just give up on any email notifications from SMF.

chilerelleno chilerelleno Gmail can be a pain when it comes to email alerts .
I have a Samsung S10 phone .

I have to have my phone synced with my laptop or it won't get an alert .

Make sure your e mail is allowed to run in the back ground on your phone . Data saving and sleep turned off for your email .

I had 2 accounts on my phone , no alerts even though G mail was default . Had to disable the second account .

Thanks Brian, I can post again at least.
I do not know why SMF emails don't show up in either my Comcast.mail or Gmail accounts, neither has SMF blocked or otherwise.
I guess that like other members I'll just give up on any email notifications from SMF.

Ill have them check the delivery report for your account. I know that there was something funky you have to do with Gmail to allow us to send to you. Ill see if I can get that information for you.

I know that there was something funky you have to do with Gmail to allow us to send to you. Ill see if I can get that information for you.
This is part of what I was trying to get at in post 7 .
Starting point is making sure your phone is synced with your g mail account .
Open G mail on your phone .
Click on menu
Tap settings
Select your account
Scroll down and make sure the box next to " sync G mail " is checked .

bmudd14474 bmudd14474
I stopped getting "Alert" Emails 24 hours ago.
I don't know what happened, but I didn't change anything, and this is the first time this has happened in a long time. I usually get from 20 to 30 per day.
None since yesterday.

Bear

bmudd14474 bmudd14474
I stopped getting "Alert" Emails 24 hours ago.
I don't know what happened, but I didn't change anything, and this is the first time this has happened in a long time. I usually get from 20 to 30 per day.
None since yesterday.

Bear

We are looking into it

Reactions: Bearcarver
I've also stopped getting email notifications yesterday morning, and I haven't changed anything. This morning I got 1 email notification, that's the only one over the last 2 days. I usually get a lot each day, like 15-20.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky