Okay, Something is Screwy with Email Notifications

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks like it's in one of it's moods again---Been 15 hours since I got an email notification, yet there are 37 new ones on the "Alert List".

Bear
I opted out of email notices on this thread. I still get notices on the alerts.

I compare email notices to forum alerts and they match up since the August hiccup.

That's crazy. I've been getting them right along. Are the ones you're not getting having the same time stamp? I sometimes get several at the same time, with different time stamps. But the last few weeks no problem.
Do you check your spam folder?

That's crazy. I've been getting them right along. Are the ones you're not getting having the same time stamp? I sometimes get several at the same time, with different time stamps. But the last few weeks no problem.
Do you check your spam folder?

Since last night, I got them at:
10:47 PM
12:21 AM

Then nothing until you woke it up----Then since I got them at:
9:52 AM
10:00 AM
10:29 AM

Bear

Notification issues don't bother me as much any more.

What annoys me now is the continued inability to even get Edit Permissions from the Admins so I can update my own Recipe Index or individual recipes in threads.

Notification issues don't bother me as much any more.

What annoys me now is the continued inability to even get Edit Permissions from the Admins so I can update my own Recipe Index or individual recipes in threads.

Yeah, Somebody said they were going to fix that awhile ago, so I've been sitting here with a bunch of "Step by Steps" ready to move in there, chomping at the bit.

Bear

LOL----Not one single email "Alert" notification since I got off of here yesterday.
Getting ridiculous now! That's 16 hours---Zero!

Bear

Don't know John,
I'm currently receiving notifications.

Yup---And as usual, After going 16 hours with "ZERO" Alert Notifications, you just made this comment, and they started coming.
I got 4 in the last half hour, since you made your Comment at "9:54".

So why does it take a comment on this thread to get my "Email Notifications" Working??? Somebody?? Anybody??
It happens every time!!!

Bear

That is nuts! Can't understand. Is it just this thread that jump starts it? Did you try replying to any other threads to see if it gets it restarted as well?

That is nuts! Can't understand. Is it just this thread that jump starts it? Did you try replying to any other threads to see if it gets it restarted as well?

Seems like just this one, but I got 5 new ones since Noon.
I'll check next time it happens.
Probably won't have to wait long.

Bear

Bump . See if I get them back now . Seems after a reply here they start working .

Exactly. Seems to be working for those affected, so what the heck. But it is crazy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky