Okalhome Joes Highland 1060 Review

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mojo63

Original poster
Dec 4, 2016
This is my third smoker the second of my still active smokers the other being a Weber bullet smoker. a few things to note before purchasing if you research before you buy.

1.  This unit is a charcoal burner for sure.  I use charcoal as my heat source and wood for flavor make no mistake about this unit will require a lot of coal, mostly because it is poorly sealed.  It will be beneficial to look into gaskets for at least the main door smoker chamber.

2.  Temperature Gauge:  The temp gauge is off at least 40 degrees I took my maverick dual probe digital thermometer during the burn in and first cook an noted a huge temp range difference the gauge that came with the unit is poor quality and not to be trusted, this is true with most spring type thermometer gauges  .

3.  Construction :  It does appear to use some quality materials the steel seems very good and I love the wheels.  It was a breeze to assemble and I suggest a helper when attaching the smoker box.

All and all I would grade this a C if a gasket kit is offered and used easily up gradable to a B

Welcome to the forum!

Glad to have you with us!

Looking forward to seeing your new smoker in action!

Al

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a chilly and rainy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of              great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky