OK what the hell am I doing wrong with my AMZPS?!

Discussion in 'A-Maze-N Smokers' started by tempnexus, Sep 25, 2017.

1. tempnexus

tempnexus Newbie

So I got the AMZPS unit for my electric smoker I got the pellets....even when I got them I let them out on microwave plate and microwaved them for 2 min to make certain that they are dry.  Then I took my butane torch and lit the #@(#(#( out of them (it can melt copper so it should be ok for wood) for 1 minute, then I let the fire continue for another 4 minutes (it went about 7 cm into the maze) then I blew it out and and then blew on the embers (once I blew on the embers it re-lit so I blew it off again) I set it inside my smoker (Electric 30" no power on just the amaze box). But well after about 40 min the smoke went out, I mean at this point what the freaking freaking freak?!  I did not purchase this AMAZE box to keep watching  the freak out of it! Otherwise I would have just paid $20 extra and bought the cold smoker that attaches to my unit! 

I feel partially betrayed. Sorry but that's my feeling. 

2. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I don't have one of them, but I do know that fire needs oxygen to burn.  Is it possible that it's not getting enough air in your smoker?  

Mike

3. dward51

dward51 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

What model smoker?  If it's a MES 30 analog, that 1/2" air inlet and exhaust is way too small for any airflow.

4. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Have you tried pulling the chip drawer and loader out? This allows more air in and what most do. A mail box mod is good too...JJ

5. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

TN, IMHO it is a lack of oxygen as the other members are also  saying.