OK what the hell am I doing wrong with my AMZPS?!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tempnexus

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 25, 2017
So I got the AMZPS unit for my electric smoker I got the pellets....even when I got them I let them out on microwave plate and microwaved them for 2 min to make certain that they are dry.  Then I took my butane torch and lit the #@(#(#( out of them (it can melt copper so it should be ok for wood) for 1 minute, then I let the fire continue for another 4 minutes (it went about 7 cm into the maze) then I blew it out and and then blew on the embers (once I blew on the embers it re-lit so I blew it off again) I set it inside my smoker (Electric 30" no power on just the amaze box). But well after about 40 min the smoke went out, I mean at this point what the freaking freaking freak?!  I did not purchase this AMAZE box to keep watching  the freak out of it! Otherwise I would have just paid $20 extra and bought the cold smoker that attaches to my unit! 

I feel partially betrayed. Sorry but that's my feeling. 

I don't have one of them, but I do know that fire needs oxygen to burn.  Is it possible that it's not getting enough air in your smoker?  

Mike

Have you tried pulling the chip drawer and loader out? This allows more air in and what most do. A mail box mod is good too...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky