Ok, need some opinions on patio size reverse flow.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Me, I'd work with what I had and what's easily readily available and rest easy in the knowledge that most folks ain't gonna know the difference of an inch or 2 either way...  Just my $.02

I have way too many projects to even think about another build until at least next fall/winter. The summer is already booked up solid.

Best of luck to ya...

Last edited:
Hey.  I stumbled across this thread while I was looking for a "patio size reverse flow smoker" on the internet.  Funny what you find.  

For me, it would be nice to have a big, honkin' smoker to bust out for when we have 50 people over, but that's once or twice a year.  The rest of the time, it would be great to have a small, high-quality smoker that would be efficient and effective at smoking 2 chickens, or a few racks of ribs, or a shoulder, because it's just the two of us eating.  Running though $10 or $15 in fuel, most of which ends up being wasted, galls the crap out of me.  

Anyway, how did this experiment turn out?  Were you able to finish the prototypes and bring them on line?  How did they function?  Etc, etc.

Thanks to all who read and contributed to this thread; a lot of great ideas were discussed.  Happy smoking!

i stumbled across this thread just like the guy above me. did ribwizzard ever get the business up and running?

You can buy a 4 x 8 sheet of 3/16 for $200 and get 2 pieces 48 inch x 30 inch diameter roll another sheet would get the circles with material leftover a steel shop with a plate roll should shear and roll it for about $75 if your going to produce them to sell you can still use some size of pipe for your firebox. I don't know they also sell 5x10 and 6x12 sheets that may result in minimal waste but you would only be in about $200 per unit for the actual cook chamber and it would be a nice size offering more than enough space for the backyard enthusiast

I think k I was still asleep this morning I guess you would only get 1 roll from the sheet so that wouldn't really be cost effective sorry I wasn't thinking it was too early in the morning lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky