OK cigar fans, Here's my tabaccy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks meowey,Rich,& Wayside! I realize this thread is the wrong type of smoke, but I figured I'd show ya why my smokers have been sittin idle for so long.
biggrin.gif
I know .....poor excuse....but honest - it wasn't the beer's fault!!

Thanks for the insider info, kind of like a web version of how its made! I'm guessing from some of the other posts that this is the old school method yes?

Im going to have to try and pick one up. How would you describe the smoke, I normaly go with Ashton VSG if I want something light or a Graycliff Crystal or Espresso if I want something more complex and full bodied.

Very nice crop you have there. I liked the way you showed how it was done in your area. We do it a little bit different around here in burley tobacco country but it's basically the same, and the end result is the same. A barn hanging full of tobacco. I bet you have some good stripping room stories to tell. ;) I know I do. lol BTW I haven't hung any tobacco in about 10 years. Migrant workers do most of it now. Really I don't mind . :)

Nice looking Farmall too,

Vman - Thanx man!!!

Placebo - Ct is all old school. no modern equip. it's all about the leaves in prime shape... no damage...they haveta be mint.. for wrapper - NO holes or broken leaves!!!

Werdwolf - Thanx... Wish my smokes were as good!!!

Neens - They're what I smoke if I don't want ta spend allot of time w/ a cigar... by no means the BEST, but still a good smoke and alot less in price!! Try em.

Smokin gun - hear ya there!!!! It's ALOT of work! Can't really hire it out though.... no profit margin.

Thanx to everyone who viewed... my small attempt ta show what we do here. I enjoy seein what folks do in different parts of the country. My only real link ta the rest of the US... by the people who actually do the work and not what the mass media thinks I should see or hear! I hope this inspires others to share in what they do on a daily basis. Please share your stories...I want to hear em, and by the response I've gotten from the assorted pics in my sig line, so are most of the others on this site. Another thing that's so great about this site is that a common interest has brought together such a diverse group of people together ta share in experiences.

Thanx again and happy smokes ta all and to all a good night..........Ok that's the beer's fault
biggrin.gif

Gene!
What a great post!
That is a whole lot of hard work my friend. What a beautiful farm...how long does it take to grow? does it get harvested only once a year?? ok blonde questions I know...but i can hardly grow grass...well no I am not in Northern Cali not that kinda grass.....regular lawn type stuff...
PDT_Armataz_01_06.gif

Wow - somehow I always assumed tobacco plants had small leaves. But those leaves are huge.
Really great pics and info on a subject I knew less than nothing about - about the only thing missing was the dusky maidens upon whose thighs true cigars are rolled ;-)

And you really don't want pictures of what i do for a living. lol endless pictures of broken computers - nah, where's the romance ?

What a great post! I had no idea how much work it takes to farm tobacco. Seem much harder than a lot of other crops. No wonder your smokers have been idle!!!

MotorHedd -Glad ya like the tractors...yea we got quite a few! I don't roll my own....Leaves hafta go through what's called a "sweat" (aging process).

Goddess - Thanx. It's sowed in cold frames where they stay for about two months. Then transplanted out in the field. Two months later... Harvest time.

aardvark - Thanx. I tried ta make it short, yet give a little insight into what people just light up and burn LOL!!

Cinnamon - Lotta manual labor! Gonna try again this weekend ta smoke a Garlic Roast Beef....hopefully anyway.

Thanks again for the kind words from everyone!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky