Oh No!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kc0rpm

Original poster
Sep 19, 2009
Decherd, TN
I went outside last week to start the grill for some chicken for dinner, and when I reached down to turn the gas on all my hand found was empty air. My brain just couldnt process what was going on for the first couple of seconds. Upon looking around I found that both of my propane tanks had been stolen out of my back yard. The first thing that went through my head was thanksgiving dinner. I had been planning on smoking our bird for thanksgiving dinner and now I wasnt sure how that was going to happen as I dont have the money to replace my tanks at $53 a piece. Thank god that when I called the sheriff they were able to tie my tanks being stolen into another theft that happened across the street. They caught the fools and upon questioning them, they fessed up to also taking my tanks and a whole bunch of other peoples stuff. Needless to say, the sheriff brought my tanks back to me personally and saved our thanksgiving.

Wow, thats a pretty awesome deal. So glad to hear you got them back. And even more glad that the worthless jerk offs were caught. It's not very often that you hear a good story like this.

To be honest, when i called the sheriff's office, I never expected anything to ever come out of it. I figured those tanks were long gone, either sold for scrap to fund someones meth habit or used to cook their meth. When I got the call telling me that they were recovered I was speechless. The kid that took them has enough charges pending on him that we didnt even bother adding my tanks to it since he is already going to become a long term resident of our county jail as it is.

WOW glad you got the tanks back. I love it when the story ends with people getting their stuff back and the idiot thieves being caught

icon_cool.gif

Now good things come to the good folks. I guess somebody knew you need those tanks.

Sounds like you had some good karma going for you.   As was just said, pass that back to the sheriff & company with a big batch of pulled pork or the like.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky