Offset smoker question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

NefariousTrashMan

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 28, 2022
Missouri
I had a chargriller smokin pro for several years and learned how to run it the best I could. This year I bought a old country pecos it does make better Q for sure. I have been experimenting and removed the baffle and extended the stack. Left side of the smoker from stack to center of the grate has even temps. Center to firebox is significantly hotter. Is this normal for a cheaper offset? One day I would like to get something better but want to use what I have. Thanks for any input I appreciate all of you.

Zach

This is common on standard off sets. That’s why some prefer the reverse flow, at any rate, place a pan filled with water on the FB end of the grate, this can help.
Ok thanks for the water pan tip.
Pretty much the nature of the beast with traditional flow offset smokers. Physics pretty much dictate that the cook chamber will be hotter on the end where the firebox dumps into it.
That makes sense just wanted to make sure I was not doing something wrong.

Reactions: DougE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky