Offset Smoker dilemma 48x20, or 48x24?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nice Kevin!

Congrats on the new pit! I wasn't really familiar with this pit maker until very recently...he definitely makes some good looking smokers! And it's really nice that he's right there in Cali so you don't have break your budget with freight charges from Georgia, Texas, etc.

And for what it's worth, I believe you chose wisely. As torn as you were about whether on not to get the bigger one, I suspect you might have always regretted it had you settled for the smaller one.

Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks on that bad boy!

Red

Thanks, Red. Yeah... in the end I realized that I would be settling if I got the smaller one, and there's no sense in spending money on something like this and settling. Plus, Ken told me several times that based on the dimensions and pictures that he had no concerns about getting the larger one in my yard. So I just felt based on those two things that it would be silly to settle on the smaller one knowing full well that wasn't what I really wanted. So I decided to just rip the band-aide off and pull the trigger on it and stop torturing myself lol.

on of my wood customers has the Kat BBQ, 36 i think. he is pretty happy with it.

I strongly suggest the 24” pipe vs 20”. I had to have Ben Lang construct my front shelf as a drop down because I literally have to take my smoker through my house to get it to the backyard. I love my Lang 36” but the 20” pipe is a drag.

I strongly suggest the 24” pipe vs 20”. I had to have Ben Lang construct my front shelf as a drop down because I literally have to take my smoker through my house to get it to the backyard. I love my Lang 36” but the 20” pipe is a drag.

Yeah, I did end up going with the 24". I'm just in the waiting period now. Two weeks down.... eight more to go lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky