Octopus Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks delicious Richie, big Like. Fishing the Pacific ocean for 45 years it was always a treat to reel up a octopus, same as calamari only bigger, and they were never the target fish. RAY
Ray we are lucky if we get a squid while fishing, I have caught my share of Lobsters
Thanks for the Like
Richie

No need for the cork the cold water start worked great. Thanks for the Like
Richie

Does this mean that starting with Cold Water could also tenderize Calamari??
Mine usually turns into Rubber Bands.

BTW: If you remove the cork from a wine bottle, it's a lot easier to pour the wine.:emoji_wink:
Like.

Bear

Does this mean that starting with Cold Water could also tenderize Calamari??
Mine usually turns into Rubber Bands.

BTW: If you remove the cork from a wine bottle, it's a lot easier to pour the wine.:emoji_wink:
Like.

Bear
I will have to try that next time I get fresh squid, as for the wine bottle cork I only buy twist of caps cheaper. LOL
Thanks for the Like

Have you ever tried the cork? Or is that just an old wives tail? I have not been able to find any definitive information that it works, but a lot of credible people swear by it.
I have never heard of using a cork
Richie

Does freezing tenderize the octopus flesh any?
I can't really say this was a first and I have never seen fresh Octopus.
Sorry I can't help with anything other then the way I did it
Richie

Thanks for the reply tropics. We catch the occasional octopus while bottom fishing in the gulf of mexico. I might have to keep one now....lemme tell ya-they are a booger to unhook without getting inked! LOL!

Nice looking salad Richie I like calamari not sure i could do the octopus though. Maybe if I had a wine cork from the empty bottle I could try it though. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:

Warren

Reactions: chopsaw
Nice looking salad Richie I like calamari not sure i could do the octopus though. Maybe if I had a wine cork from the empty bottle I could try it though. :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:

Warren
I know what ya mean, enough of the fruit of the vine. LOL
Thanks for the Like
Richie

I have eaten my share of squid, but only had octopus when in Spain (in the service). They made a soup like a bouillabaisse and the locals swore it cured a hangover stomached. I can't say for sure but I liked thhe soup and it always calmed those butterflies after a night of Sangria. It looks sort of like the poke salads they make in Hawaii, course that's just a haloes' opinion.

I bet it was delicious if you made it Richie. I wish you and yours a new year full of health, happiness and prosperity !

I have eaten my share of squid, but only had octopus when in Spain (in the service). They made a soup like a bouillabaisse and the locals swore it cured a hangover stomached. I can't say for sure but I liked thhe soup and it always calmed those butterflies after a night of Sangria. It looks sort of like the poke salads they make in Hawaii, course that's just a haloes' opinion.

I bet it was delicious if you made it Richie. I wish you and yours a new year full of health, happiness and prosperity !
Kevin it got better sitting in the fridge all the flavors took the vinegar an oil in. I added some crushed Red Pepper to finish it yesterday.
Happy New Year my friend Thanks for the Like also
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky