NY Strips for dinner tonight.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Michigan
Got some nice NY Strips for my son and I. Sous Vide @129 for 3 hours (called for 1 hour but I am working on my deck and time got away from me) Anyway cooked perfectly with some sliced potatoes and mushrooms and onion.
Thanks for looking

Link

20180610_181305.jpg
20180610_174415.jpg
20180610_134226.jpg

They look so ugly when they come out of the SV, but they taste sooo good!
I usually torch mine just for the looks.
And I bet yours tasted delicious!!
Al

Nice! I'm doing some Prime NY's tonight as well for our 26th wedding anniversary. Going 4 hours at 130F and then sear on HOT cast iron.

Thsnks Mike,
Sliced thin, salt, peper, little oil. On a sheet pan in the oven. Came out really good.

Thanks Al, that actually has a few minutes on a grill but my coals were cooling down.

Nice! I'm doing some Prime NY's tonight as well for our 26th wedding anniversary. Going 4 hours at 130F and then sear on HOT cast iron.
Awesome post some pics when done.

Also happy 26th, that is fsntastic.

Awesome post some pics when done.

Also happy 26th, that is fsntastic.

Thanks link, I really appreciate it - we had a wonderful dinner.

I needed to start these in the middle of the day so I set up an ice bath and started them remotely around 2PM.

26ann1.jpg

Just out of the SV.

26ann2.jpg

Seared them on the griddle, but didn't really get it as hot as I should have so sear took a bit too long. But still pretty medium rare inside. Served with miso glazed root veggies and green beans.

26ann3.jpg

26ann4.jpg

Finished off with some homemade flan.

26ann5.jpg
26ann6.jpg

Thanks link, I really appreciate it - we had a wonderful dinner.

I needed to start these in the middle of the day so I set up an ice bath and started them remotely around 2PM.

View attachment 367107

Just out of the SV.

View attachment 367108

Seared them on the griddle, but didn't really get it as hot as I should have so sear took a bit too long. But still pretty medium rare inside. Served with miso glazed root veggies and green beans.

View attachment 367110

View attachment 367109

Finished off with some homemade flan.

View attachment 367115 View attachment 367117

Wow, that dinner looks great! I like the idea of starting it remotely that is a nice option.
Link

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky