Not so subtle Xmas present

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

6GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
So my parents gave me a pasta maker which came with a "not so subtle" hint. "Hey Dave, here is a pasta maker, now go make us some pasta". Along with the "make us some pulled pork", "make us some bacon", etc., now it's pasta. Anybody want to share their go-to pasta recipe?
IMG_0900.jpg
I've already done the standard AP Flour, egg and water, and it was good.

That's a fine looking present, give it a go. I mostly make pasta with semolina flour and have also made some with a combination of flours in recipes given to me by Rich, aka chopsaw chopsaw . It's tough to go wrong with any recipe when making fresh pasta, better than anything you'll find at the market. This is my standard go to for fresh semolina.

3.......cups semolina flour
1.......tsp salt
4.......large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil

I use a KA stand mixer initially with the dough, hook 7-8 minutes, then dump the dough out on a floured board and finish kneading by hand. I used to do it all by hand, you'll make adjustments for a more little water or flour when it's on the board. Good stuff. RAY
DSCN4000.JPG

DSCN4001.JPG

That's a fine looking present, give it a go. I mostly make pasta with semolina flour and have also made some with a combination of flours in recipes given to me by Rich, aka chopsaw chopsaw . It's tough to go wrong with any recipe when making fresh pasta, better than anything you'll find at the market. This is my standard go to for fresh semolina.

3.......cups semolina flour
1.......tsp salt
4.......large eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil

I use a KA stand mixer initially with the dough, hook 7-8 minutes, then dump the dough of a floured board and finish kneading by hand. I used to do it all by hand, you'll make adjustments for a more little water or flour when it's on the board. Good stuff. RAYView attachment 652661
View attachment 652662
Thanks Ray. Looking forward to using this thing! Question. Does adding that Quervo in the background help? Ha!

Reactions: sawhorseray
curious about that as well, I am finding pasta machines similar to the one tx smoker tx smoker for really cheap (some used once)
The videos I've seen seem to suggest it's pretty good unlike the grinder/stuffer attachment, forget who it was but I watched a video where the guy was basically cursing at it the entire time because it was a pita.

The videos I've seen seem to suggest it's pretty good unlike the grinder/stuffer attachment, forget who it was but I watched a video where the guy was basically cursing at it the entire time because it was a pita.
When I bought the KA last month it came with the stuffer attachment (plastic) have not tried them yet.

After the holidays are cleaned up, wife's going to pull out our Ron Popeil Pasta Maker and make some pasta with our 19m grandson. Had it running for ravioli sheets last summer, must be 25+ years plus, real dog. Grandson's gonna love it.

Last edited:
When I bought the KA last month it came with the stuffer attachment (plastic) have not tried them yet.
I used the grinder once for making tallow from brisket trimming (renders faster in small chunks) and it worked pretty well but I think trying to use a grinder as a stuffer in general is a major pain compared to getting a dedicated stuffer since you'll have to reload all the time and normal grinders are just on/off without speed adjustment. Guess it comes down to a question of how much you're stuffing and how often, would probably work pretty well for summer sausage assuming you can feed it fast enough and be easier to clean but for smaller diameter casings that can break I'd drop the $$$ for a cheap stuffer (preferably dual geared as it takes forever to crank them back up on single gear).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky