Not Pretty...But Pretty Darn Tasty!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokin' in AZ

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 13, 2019
Chandler and Show Low Arizona
Hello all, sorry for my extended absence but life got in the way for a bit.

Since it has been so hot in the valley we opted for a crock pot dinner.

Top round steak (2 lbs.) sliced up, onions and peppers sliced up and into the pot with the peppers.

Then added 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon garlic pepper seasoning, 1/2 cup water and 2 teaspoons beef bouillion.

And ran it on low for ~7 hours.

The meat was melt in your mouth tender by then, so I grilled up some buttered hoagie rolls.
IMG_20200531_173959638.jpg

Cut up some cheddar cheese (recipe called for that vs mozzarella)
IMG_20200531_173538252.jpg

And here is the crock pot meat, onion, and peppers (now you know why I said not pretty).
IMG_20200531_173413851.jpg

Onto the hoagie and cheese for a trip to the broiler.
IMG_20200531_174154173.jpg

Here it is with all the melted cheesy goodness.

IMG_20200531_180159211.jpg

Well apart from it not lookin' great in the crock pot, once on the sandwich with the melted cheese on the toasted bun it was a 5 star meal. Sue and I tend to rate recipes with 3-5 stars for future reference, and it is extremely hard to get a 5 star out of me, but this one earned it.

BTW - if it does not at least get three stars we don't make it again.

Thanks for lookin'

John

Damn John that looks awesome man! If you have any leftovers I will PM you my address so you can mail me one of those sandwiches! I like the grilled hoagie rolls too that adds a nice touch. LIKE all around!

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
John, ive made so many meals that don't look the greatest but sure are tasty! I could down a couple of those sandwiches no doubt. Very nice!

Hello all, sorry for my extended absence but life got in the way for a bit.

Since it has been so hot in the valley we opted for a crock pot dinner.

Top round steak (2 lbs.) sliced up, onions and peppers sliced up and into the pot with the peppers.

Then added 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon garlic pepper seasoning, 1/2 cup water and 2 teaspoons beef bouillion.

And ran it on low for ~7 hours.

The meat was melt in your mouth tender by then, so I grilled up some buttered hoagie rolls.
View attachment 448233

Cut up some cheddar cheese (recipe called for that vs mozzarella)
View attachment 448234

And here is the crock pot meat, onion, and peppers (now you know why I said not pretty).
View attachment 448238

Onto the hoagie and cheese for a trip to the broiler.View attachment 448240

Here it is with all the melted cheesy goodness.

View attachment 448242

Well apart from it not lookin' great in the crock pot, once on the sandwich with the melted cheese on the toasted bun it was a 5 star meal. Sue and I tend to rate recipes with 3-5 stars for future reference, and it is extremely hard to get a 5 star out of me, but this one earned it.

BTW - if it does not at least get three stars we don't make it again.

Thanks for lookin'

John
If it were pretty im sure it wouldnt taste as good. Looks delicious!

Whachu tallkin' 'bout Willis? That looks fantastic!! Most of us have made crock pot meals and understand. We see the beauty, and there's plenty to be seen there for sure. Great job my friend and it sure is nice to see you back!!

Robert

Looks like a delicious sandwich! And no worries about the crock pot look...I can imagine how good it smelled.

Ryan

That looks tasty and.... cheesy! Yummmm.....
Thanks Push for the like and kind words.

Damn John that looks awesome man! If you have any leftovers I will PM you my address so you can mail me one of those sandwiches! I like the grilled hoagie rolls too that adds a nice touch. LIKE all around!
Thanks for the like John and it is in the freezer, just PM me your address and I will send by way of carrier pigeon.... :emoji_laughing:
Looking good John,

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris for the like and nice comment for an ugly crock pot. Guess it just proves can't judge food purely on looks!

John , I bet that was fantastic ! Nice work .
Thanks Rich it sure didn't look that good in the crock pot but sure was nice on the toasted hoagie with the cheese.

Nice cheese steaks, have to remeber the crock pot for when the weather is not good to do it on the griddle.
Thanks for the like my fellow fisherman! And yes a crock pot has been a staple for years in our family.

John

John, ive made so many meals that don't look the greatest but sure are tasty! I could down a couple of those sandwiches no doubt. Very nice!
Looks Plumb Tasty

Gary
Thanks Sowsage and gary for the like, and boy was it tasty! Something about the cast iron you don't get with a casserole dish.

Any croock pot in a storm. :emoji_wink: :emoji_wink:
Nice looking sammies there John.

Warren
Thank you Warren for the like! And kind words....

That sure is a tasty sammie! I think it looks great, whats not to like about melted cheese and toasted hoagie rolls?

Like!
Thanks Joe for the like, not sure what ade me think of toasting the rolls....

John

If it were pretty im sure it wouldnt taste as good. Looks delicious!
Thanks Nshamy for the comments!
Whachu tallkin' 'bout Willis? That looks fantastic!! Most of us have made crock pot meals and understand. We see the beauty, and there's plenty to be seen there for sure. Great job my friend and it sure is nice to see you back!!

Robert
Thank you Robert for the like and kind words.
Almost did not post it.....

Looks good from here John
Thanks for the like and nice comment Jim!

Looks like a delicious sandwich! And no worries about the crock pot look...I can imagine how good it smelled.

Ryan
Thank you Ryan for the like and you were right it was one that will be done again for sure!

Looks Great, John!!!
My Kind of Sammy!!
I'd give it a 5 without hesitating, and my belly says it's Pretty!!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Bear for the like and my belly was very happy that night....

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky