Not just my first smoker built its my first smoker ever

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Just K

Original poster
Jul 17, 2022
Hi everyone

Am new here and new to the whole experience

and as I said it is not just my first smoker build it is my first experience in the smoking realm

I will post photos of the smoker and will type the dimensions

looking for any input from the experts and any edits needed

also, I would like to add a rotisserie kit as an add-on later by welding a bolt and nut so when being used I will remove the bolt

Overall dimension H=83 W=22 D=20
Cooking area H=36 W=20 D=18
Fire area H=10 W=20 D=18
Chimney H=15 W=6 D=6
heat deflector plate of size W=20 D=16
Air opening About L=9 W=5

all dimensions in inches
other than pointing out any mistakes I did
I also want to know how high should be my rotisserie and how high to put my thermometer (wither 1 or 2 )

1.jpg 2.jpg
4.jpg 6.jpg
7.jpg

after cleaning the slag and the initial burn-off and seasoning (to protect the outer side of the inner wall before fixing the outer wall)
will install the fiberglass insulation and then will cover it with 1mm steel (not sure how much is 1mm in inches)

also wanted to know if I can use any products like the one below to just smooth anything in the wilding out side the cooking and fire chamber
8.jpg 9.jpg

Inner plate is 3/32" outer plate is 1/25"
Main frame about 3/4" by 1 5/8"

thanks all in advance , really looking forward for your advice

Reactions: JLeonard
Not that any one is interested but going to follow-up anyway
For the racks had to cut 1/4" and weld it again because when it got heated I was not able to pull the rack out as the gap was too small.
Finished the outer layer just Instalation, but will have to unscrew it oil it reinstall it burn it and again unscrew it again but the fiberglass insulation and that should be it.
20220724_062236.jpg
and I added a side shelf

heck of a cooker. Look forward to your post and pics. Where are you located?
Jim
In Qatar
Unfortunately It's really hard to find what I need to finish it as need
And most of time shipping is more expensive than the item itself like the gasket ,thermometer gauge and the high heat resistant paint

Reactions: JLeonard
In Qatar
Unfortunately It's really hard to find what I need to finish it as need
And most of time shipping is more expensive than the item itself like the gasket ,thermometer gauge and the high heat resistant paint
Oh wow! Well I really look forward to your pics. Love seeing places I'll never be able to visit. I can only imagine what shipping is like for you.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky